Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MyThIc3LiTe

Banned

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    GDR2 sucks, so no point to be excited.
    GDR3 will suck aswell i guess, my only hope is WP Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaskys View Post
    GDR2 sucks, so no point to be excited.
    GDR3 will suck aswell i guess, my only hope is WP Blue.
    It's just centered upon bug fixes, so it doesn't suck.
    It'll be important for all the other stuff it will have, though (FM Radio, for one.)
    Friend Code: 1779-1560-3109
    NNID: TheWPCTraveler

(If you happen to own a 3DS, we could go ahead and be, er, friends. There's a reason I put that friend code out there for everyone to see. Also, that NNID is also my Miiverse ID. You can also find me there.)

P.S. Microsoft Mobile Ly, please bring back the cyan in the Lumia line. THE CYANATION COMPELS YOU.

Devices: Lumia 630, Asus T100, Nintendo 3DS.

Global Posts
    13,780 Global Posts
    I never understood the over excitement of GDR2 and 3 updates. They're just fixes and slight updates. Nothing special about them at all. The Nokia Amber update adds a couple of nice features but that's about it, again, nothing too special.

FM radio is a nice feature but I personally find it pointless, I never used it and basically can't use it due to interference at work and during travel to work. Get me DAB reception and that would have been something. Having FM transmitter would have been nice but obviously that's something they don't want to promote anymore. I know that lots of people are into FM radio so I think it's important, just not to me.
    Ignorance, there is a cure.

I'm on Instagram - nlarue1971 - Travel and food photos is my thing taken by my L920
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N_LaRUE View Post
    I never understood the over excitement of GDR2 and 3 updates. They're just fixes and slight updates. Nothing special about them at all. The Nokia Amber update adds a couple of nice features but that's about it, again, nothing too special.

FM radio is a nice feature but I personally find it pointless, I never used it and basically can't use it due to interference at work and during travel to work. Get me DAB reception and that would have been something. Having FM transmitter would have been nice but obviously that's something they don't want to promote anymore. I know that lots of people are into FM radio so I think it's important, just not to me.
    me either, nothing here to be excited about. BTW, the update was really slow to take place

Global Posts
    13,780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tungha View Post
    me either, nothing here to be excited about. BTW, the update was really slow to take place
    Not surprised it taking some time to update. They needed to fix a few things I think. What phone do you have?
    Ignorance, there is a cure.

I'm on Instagram - nlarue1971 - Travel and food photos is my thing taken by my L920
    Developer

Any info on a rollout schedule for a Lumia 820 unlocked and unbranded, using a Vodafone sim?

I know it's not much of an update, but still excited about getting it, actually the Nokia update sounds pretty good. I do wish the update could be more substantial, especially given the time between this and the last update. Would prefer to get an update and notice a few extra things.

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts
    Not surprised it taking some time to update. They needed to fix a few things I think. What phone do you have?
    <<< click on my avatar, bro :D

//there's a rumor on the verge confirm that the delay was caused by a serious bug that have affected all the updates. Don't know it's true or not but what's happening now really make me confused about the future for our platform. I hope MSFT will be hurried more to compete in this Q3.

wah nice find, so global users may expect an Update this month :)

FM radio isn't an addition, it's already there in WP7. MS is just bringing it back,so no new feature in GDR 2. Amber update will bring some features but not this GDRs.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Never thought I'd see a day where people are getting pissy over a rollout of an update that improves the experience and makes the OS better.

Yikes, people really are hard to please.
    Noahma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MyThIc3LiTe View Post
    Never thought I'd see a day where people are getting pissy over a rollout of an update that improves the experience and makes the OS better.

Yikes, people really are hard to please.

Sucks that the online Windows Phone community is being taken over by whiners.

Quote Originally Posted by squire777 View Post
    Sucks that the online Windows Phone community is being taken over by whiners.
    Exactly!!!

WP Central is full of whiny comments from people who can't setup and use their phones properly. MS and Nokia are to blame for everything according to them.

Very boring!!!!!!!

The thing that an OS vendor is giving updates itself is exciting enough....till now only Android kept us up to date with the latest latest, IOS always does it for a heavy price.......BB is stuck up and does not update older devices......so al the excitement is about getting something better on exising devices.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    When GDR2 & Amber arrive you guys can have it first. I'll wait a few weeks just in case some glitches come along
    muwhahahahaa

someone please answer this question please!!!!!!!!!

Since the 920 doesnt have an amoled display will the always on screen feature work or not? or will it not be there at all ?

i also read that FM radio will not come to 920? why ?

i own a 920... need to know....