Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hello guys,

as you can see here:

unbenannt.jpg

GDR2 is on the way. More information: Windows Phone 8 update history | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

But at the moment I didn't get any notification about it (Huawei W1 with Vodafone Germany).
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    Awesome find. Good work.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks, but I couldn't find any word about storage check

Tells me I'm up to date on my 8S on Bell but I'll keep checking throughout the day.

Global Posts
    2,357 Global Posts
    Dont think this is new.

wonder if it will fix the bug when saving a jpeg to the phone and also the other storage bug. maybe even the EAS storage card encryption policy bug for business email sync on phones without an sd card slot and a fix for ones that do? a group messaging fix on verizon would be nice too, along with the ability to create playlists on the phone in Xbox Music without needing a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Dont think this is new.
    I think it is because I remember reading somewhere that a Microsoft rep said the update launches July 11th (Today).

Quote Originally Posted by tvolpe86 View Post
    along with the ability to create playlists on the phone in Xbox Music without needing a computer.
    You can create a playlist on the phone, its just not very easy to do or figure out how.

Quote Originally Posted by theefman View Post
    Dont think this is new.
    Definitely new. Last released update was 10211.
    prjkthack
    Nokia Lumia 1020, Nokia Lumia 928, Droid DNA
    Surface Pro 128GB

This is from the US site. SG webpage doesn't show the following update. What a bummer~ Can someone verify this is indeed GDR2?
    Truth is with Nokia, I'm just waiting for Amber. :D
    Wish Nokia & Microsoft would just release their updates worldwide and OTA, don't want my unreliable service provider to mess up my phone experience.
    LeLee092 likes this.
  10.    #11  

Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    Man, I love updates.
    Thanked by:
    romant56, xandros9 and interopbyt like this.

Is there no way to stop the carriers blocking the updates??

Does anyone know if unlocked phones are usually the first to receive updates? Thanks.

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Anyone got the update?

Quote Originally Posted by Jag Mann View Post
    Does anyone know if unlocked phones are usually the first to receive updates? Thanks.
    If this is anything like Portico then no. Unlocked/unbranded phones will not get it first.

Edit: Also just checked on my BUILD L920 and it says its up to date.
    Thanked by:

Hmmm, if i may ask a question to clear up some confusions. Does the update come from Microsoft as shown above(OTA), from the manufacturer i.e AMBER(OTA), or does the carrier have the final say?
    Thanked by:
    If the past updates are anything to go by we won't be getting Amber and GDR2 as separate updates. That would cost too much for MS and Nokia. It makes much more common sense for MS and Nokia to work together to provide an update that will roll both into one package, delivered to the customer. Of course there are phones that aren't Nokia, so MS will deliver a separate build to them without the 'Amber' things. These builds will be internally tested and tweaked before being delivered to the carriers, who again test them extensively. Once everything is given the go-ahead that's when the carriers start rolling out the updates to our phones. Typically those with contracts will get the updates first (updates tend to be rolled out over a period of 28 days with more and more IMEI numbers being 'unlocked' to receive the update every day, this is to make sure the servers aren't broken by requests to update.

At least this is how I think it works...
    Thanked by:
    Developer

Global Posts
    3,783 Global Posts
    Mine says it's up to date :,(
    My Apps: PIP (WP8 - Compass / Flashlight), Beer Knurd (WP7/8), Meme 8 Ball (WP8)

Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    mines up to date too, using L920 on Rogers...still waiting, will keep trying
    Quote Originally Posted by seelani View Post
    Hmmm, if i may ask a question to clear up some confusions. Does the update come from Microsoft as shown above(OTA), from the manufacturer i.e AMBER(OTA), or does the carrier have the final say?
    The update is packaged at Microsoft and handed to the manufacturer. The manufacturer custom fits the update for each specific handset according to the hardware. The update is then handed off to the carrier to be tailored for their own network and services.

Microsoft is changing this up so that this process ends with the manufacturers in the future.
    Thanked by:
    Muessig and interopbyt like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by iop777 View Post
    Tells me I'm up to date on my 8S on Bell but I'll keep checking throughout the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern_tig View Post
    Anyone got the update?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali Babba View Post
    If this is anything like Portico then no. Unlocked/unbranded phones will not get it first.

Edit: Also just checked on my BUILD L920 and it says its up to date.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Mine says it's up to date :,(
    No need to check for updates everyone. This is just being passed to the manufacturers. It could be weeks before the manufacturers finish their own code and carriers sign off on the update.

There is still a decent amount of time to wait....
    Jupast likes this.

Oooh thanks for the insight. :) Although when you say the carriers do extensive tests and tweaking. Hoping my carrier comes through, with minimal delays.
    I'm thinking that this means that the update is either RTM or is about to be, otherwise they wouldn't know specific build numbers.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Like Vodafone Ireland, I'm still on 1249, load of crap!!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast