- 07-02-2013, 08:30 AM #1
Now this is purely for Fun, I don't know if these features will be in windows phone, I'm just assuming S###
On the User Voice, These are the ones that got a reply from an Admin
"Thanks for your ______ suggestion. Always great to see such great feedback and excitement about this feature. While we can’t promise to ship every suggestion that gets submitted, we will be sure that our product development team receives your feedback. Keep those votes and suggestions coming!"
Feature Suggestions: Top (30110 ideas)
- Custom sounds for SMS, MMS, Email, Notifications
- Add File Manager to Windows Phone
- Close app on multi task screen
- Store apps & attachments on external storage and improve/provide micro SD support
- Under status bar, we need a shortcut to turn on/off connections and Internet sharing
- Slide to the right on main screen to enable notifications
- Allow a simple flick upward to close applications in the multitasking view
- Battery Percentage at the status bar
- Continue to use Zune for media sync in WP
- FM Radio
- Blinking LED notification for Missed Calls Email SMS
- Make Xbox Video compatible with Windows Phone
- Allow pasting in the phone dialer
- 07-02-2013, 10:25 AM #5
I've come to the conclusion that WP is for the general smartphone user and that's why I don't see many advance features coming to it. I'd could be mistaken but I sort of doubt it.Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
07-02-2013, 09:21 PM #12
- 83 Posts
07-03-2013, 12:06 AM #14
- 505 Posts
WP is entering the fray late and needs to quickly establish a survival strategy because it doesn't really have anywhere to hide. It's off to a good start, but unfortunately MS does not have the luxury of time to sort out how it's going to play this game. It's the new kid in an already crowded and streetwise block. iOS and Android wont stand still and relinquish market share easily. Blackberry may be the 'easy prey' for MS in the short term, but even there it needs to be more competitive on the enterprise front.
So basically, it's all well and good to call for the punters to give WP8 the benefit of the doubt and time to develop. But the competition's fierce and that argument is going to wear thin pretty fast. Coming late to market has its pitfalls, and lack of time to develop and prove oneself is one of them.
07-03-2013, 05:55 AM #16
- 102 Posts
The problem is MS has a funny habit of letting his customers down for as simple as not supporting many popular video files (i know that some have said it relates to some copyright issue which i don't understand), not displaying emoticons as they should appear (textual emoticons), proper file managing system
- 07-03-2013, 09:07 AM #18
There was Pocket PC, Windows Mobile which made it up to version 6.x, when it was largely competing against Symbian and a wide open field, before it was ditched, then Windows Phone 7, yet another re-do and Windows Phone 8. There was also the Kin debacle, which could be viewed as still another re-do.
So yeah, the 'it's still young' argument doesn't hold all that much water for me.
If anything, WP8 given how long Microsoft had been working on it, and what they'd learned over the trial and error of all their re-dos, should have shipped feature *stacked* out of the gate.
- 07-03-2013, 09:28 AM #20
If you're looking for a phone that offers advanced features that you feel you need then you might be on the wrong platform. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for many of the features listed above or expect them to be in the 'fashion' that you expect. MS does things their way and expect you to conform to it. I know that they make a statement, WP, uniquely yours, doesn't mean you getting what you want.
That's pretty much where I am at the moment. I've become sort of resigned to the fact that WP probably won't ever satisfy my needs 100% but I'm willing to be pleasantly surprised with WP8.1. However, I'm not expecting much and most likely to change platforms come the first qtr of 2014.
That's my 2 cents worth.Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
- 07-03-2013, 10:05 AM #22
Where I'm coming from: for my own personal use, I use an SGS3, have a Nokia Symbian phone as a back-up, and use an iPad Mini for reading and such.
I deal with Windows Phone in so much that, both of my parents who are older and retired, and live part of the year on a Greek island, bought one phone, a Lumia 800 a couple years ago, and most recently, I bought a Lumia 620 for my other parent. They use these on Vodaphone while in Greece, and on T-Mobile USA prepaid, while they're here, when they visit their grandkids for the holidays.
So as they know very little on how to maintain and do stuff on their Lumias, I'm the one who has to find and do the fixes and maintain the phones for them.
I don't use a Windows Phone for my own device, and given it's restriction/handcuffs, coming from both Symbian and Android, it's not for me.
I also don't think the 8.1 update (which supposedly isn't coming until some time in Q2 2014 !!!! per Paul Thurrott) is going to feature that much.
- 07-03-2013, 10:11 AM #23
My cell number has recently received a lot of telemarketing calls/spam/ad robo calls recently, and it's such a convenience on my Galaxy to click on the phone number, click 'Reject contact/number' and never have to deal with calls from there again.
- 07-03-2013, 10:21 AM #24Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. - Albert Einstein
- 07-03-2013, 01:19 PM #25
1) ah yes the screen orientation lock
i wouldnt imagine it to be too difficult, some apps have actually
done it themselves (try UC browser, it has a neat screen lock faciltiy)
2) haptic feedback on the keyboard, maybe even swype support
3)be able to configure what gets displayed as a toast notification
4) alarm to work if phone is powered off
5)double tap to wake
6)allow to schedule profiles e.g. airplane or silent mode for night,
or for the duration of a flight/movie
thats my wish list for santa
- By driver_king in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 6Last Post: 07-23-2013, 05:43 PM
- By Takashi Kanda in forum Developers Beta TestingReplies: 2Last Post: 07-08-2013, 09:17 PM
- By david90531 in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 8Last Post: 07-03-2013, 01:05 PM
- By Desdemona in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 29Last Post: 07-02-2013, 08:18 PM
- By unquiet in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 07-02-2013, 02:29 PM