I'm on the new 928 (NO Memory card expansion)

I filmed a super, really important video of my older brother coming home from his base training to surprise his fiance a few weeks early..

To my surprise, I accidentally deleted the video INSTEAD of uploading to Skydrive (Butter-fingers on my end).

Is there anyway to restore deleted videos from Windows Phone 8? Thank you!
    Developer

Global Posts
    1,494 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mristian View Post
    I'm on the new 928 (NO Memory card expansion)

I filmed a super, really important video of my older brother coming home from his base training to surprise his fiance a few weeks early..

To my surprise, I accidentally deleted the video INSTEAD of uploading to Skydrive (Butter-fingers on my end).

Is there anyway to restore deleted videos from Windows Phone 8? Thank you!
    It must have synced it to your pc, have you checked it?

Global Posts
    2,847 Global Posts
    I have never used this software and cannot vouch for it, but it seems there is a trial version.

Windows Phone data recovery software to recover deleted photos videos and other Windows phone files

The problem with all of these recovery packages is that they don't see the windows phone as a drive. They will present a list of drives to scan, and the phone is not on that list. I too need to recover some photos that I accidentally killed after vacation. I have downloaded 3 pieces of software (plus tried the free "recuva" that worked like a champ on my Android phone) with the same frustrating results.

Perhaps the issue is with WP8 and how it presents itself to the O/S. But it's clear that all these sites that tout their recovery software have never actually tried their product on a windows phone.

If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.

Thanks,

Bill
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaclean1 View Post
    The problem with all of these recovery packages is that they don't see the windows phone as a drive. They will present a list of drives to scan, and the phone is not on that list. I too need to recover some photos that I accidentally killed after vacation. I have downloaded 3 pieces of software (plus tried the free "recuva" that worked like a champ on my Android phone) with the same frustrating results.

Perhaps the issue is with WP8 and how it presents itself to the O/S. But it's clear that all these sites that tout their recovery software have never actually tried their product on a windows phone.

Thanks,

Bill
    Right back at you..If the phone was recognizable as a removable drive, the recovery software should work..There is a registry change somewhere that says it should do the job but i haven't heard anyone trying it..Anyway, we should hear from someone with more knowledge on the matter for a definitive answer!
    Last edited by Chris_kosmidis; 01-12-2014 at 12:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmaclean1 View Post

Thanks,

Bill
    99% of the time i could not recover pics or videos from my memory card but i am always able to recover from hard drives..moreover wp is not detected as a drive

sent either from my Nokia Lumia 820 or HTC Desire HD

Got your 3gp video files corrupted, no need to worry. Immediately use 3gp recovery software to restore your 3gp video files. it also allow you to restore your files in the location as per your desire. For more information:

3GP Repair Software Tool

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    He dude, few day's a ago i had shooted my celebration video. But, now it fails to respond. In order to recover them back, I tried various possible steps but non of them worked for me. Luckily! I came to know about MOV video recovery software. Its really works for me. Therefore, I recommend it for you too. For detailed information, kindly visit:
    restorevideos.mov-recovery.com