- 06-27-2013, 05:48 AM #1
So I've run into a problem I can't solve.
I'd connected my Microsoft account to LinkedIn, but since enabling two-factor authentication it wants me to do it again. Problem is part of this process involves inputting a code received via SMS, but if I switch to the Messaging page to get the code I am booted back to the accounts list rather than the "enter the code" page, and when I go back through the connection process to use the code I am sent... a new code.
I cannot find a way (which doesn't involve a second phone) of collecting and entering this code, and therefore am unable to link to my Linkedin account.
Is there any way to make this work?
- 06-27-2013, 10:49 AM #4
1) install the authenticator app (from MS) on your phone.
2) go to live.com and link the authenticator app to your ms account
3) run the app on your phone and take note of the number
4) go to the 3rd party app (in this case linkedin) on your phone and login
hope this helps
- 06-27-2013, 04:26 PM #6
i thought the sms codes were coming from microsoft. that the two factor authentication was for the microsoft login on these lines:
Set up a Twitter or LinkedIn account | Windows Phone How-to (United States)
- 06-27-2013, 04:51 PM #7
No, the code is from LinkedIn as you are logging into your account from an unknown device. This is verified by the e-mail which also comes from LinkedIn telling you this. The SMS also identifies itself as a LinkedIn code. The reason I have to relink my account is because I enabled two-factor authentication on my LinkedIn account.
- 06-27-2013, 05:47 PM #8
the only thing i can think of is to add the linkedin sms number to your contacts and give it a very short name like A
hopefully that will save enough characters that the toast will be able to show the code, without needing to resort to landscape
hope this is more useful
06-27-2013, 07:39 PM #9
- 507 Posts
- 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM #11
Seems like the only way to connect LinkedIn to Microsoft account is to have 2 factor authentication turned off in LinkedIn. Really don't want to do that if I can avoid it. I'm just coming over from Android, and this is first bug I've seen where WP is definitely lacking.
- 07-04-2013, 11:27 AM #13
- By muhammed yazeen in forum Nokia Lumia 720Replies: 8Last Post: 11-14-2013, 06:27 AM
- By Colby Lee in forum IntroductionsReplies: 6Last Post: 07-22-2013, 11:22 PM
- By dalydose in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 39Last Post: 07-06-2013, 02:42 PM
- By Alek Davis in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 12Last Post: 07-01-2013, 01:44 PM
- By azaright in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 06-27-2013, 09:02 AM