- 06-26-2013, 05:34 AM #1
I'm new to the Windows Phone 8 platform. Coming from Apple's iCloud and iPhone world things seem to work a little different here.
Here's what I want to do:
- Move/Import ALL my Google Contacts to my Office 365 Exchange Only account (custom domain)
I have the following setup (I know a little too complex for such a simple setup)
1. My iPhone syncs it's contacts and calendars with iCloud
2. My iCloud account makes backup's to Google Contacts and Calendar from time to time (to be safe)
3. My e-mail is setup on Microsoft's Office 365 Exchange Only service
Now I want to import/move all my contacts to Exchange and be able to use my Office 365 Exchange only account for E-mail, Contacts and Calendar.
What's the easiest way. I have found out how to move calendar to Exchange using the Calendar.app on my Mac running OS X 10.8.4 so there's no problem there.
However it's worse with my contacts as they're on Google Contacts. I have some "custom tags" as well and I know that Exchange doesn't support it as well as no more than 2 e-mail accounts and phone numbers.
So what's the simplest procedure besides manual labour move of my contacts? ;)
Rasmus Johan, Denmark
06-26-2013, 06:11 AM #2
- 2,878 Posts
There's and app called 'Transfer my data', allows you to migrate contacts from old phone to new one via bluetooth (Assuming you still have your phone in hand)
I am assuming you have all contacts on Gmail already?, if not this solution of mine is useless here.
On your wp8 phone setup your gmail account (which has your contacts), it'll ask you what things you want to sync apart from mail (it'll be calendar and contacts)
Check as per your needs and it'll pull the data from the Gmail server.
Now these contacts 'should' be backed up to your microsoft account and you can go to settings > accounts, select the gmail account and untick 'contacts' sync.
Export the gmail contacts and import them to microsoft account (Am not sure how its done but am sure it can be done as Gmail contacts can be exported to a csv file & have moved things from Blackberry to Ios)
- 06-26-2013, 02:17 PM #6
For those other who are in the same or almost same situation I
can suggest the app. Contact Mover for iPhone/iPad. It moves/syncs my iCloud contacts directly with my Office 365 Exchange account. Work really well. Just a suggestion from me.
- By prettyconfusd in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 7Last Post: 06-23-2013, 09:52 AM
- By Cylemmulo in forum Nokia Lumia 928Replies: 10Last Post: 05-30-2013, 09:53 AM
- By CSI Guy in forum Microsoft Surface for Windows RTReplies: 3Last Post: 10-18-2012, 02:41 PM
- By NewWindowsPhoner in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 11-19-2011, 01:09 PM
- By wp7novice in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 05-28-2011, 11:19 PM