Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Is there something like apps2sd like the androids..I mean 8gb on lumia 630 is not at all enough..
    Suggestions welcome..
    Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPod touch using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack6191 View Post
    Is there something like apps2sd like the androids..I mean 8gb on lumia 630 is not at all enough..
    Suggestions welcome..
    Thanks in advance

The short answer: no. The next round of updates may address this to some degree, but in the meantime, you're forced to manage your data closely.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Okay dude..it's really painful and the extendable memory can only be used for songs and the like..
    Thanks man:)

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    Okay dude..it's really painful and the extendable memory can only be used for songs and the like..
    Thanks man:)

Yup, I own a Lumia 810 and know exactly how you feel. Just keep your chin up and manage the data. Hopefully the next round of updates will give us both relief...

I doubt they are going to provide any kind of app2sd(like in Android) seeing security concerns. It has not been implemented in IOS either, not sure if jailbreaking helps.

they are better off implementing screen lock rotation, better audio api management, etc for the next WP update!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Yeah..lets wait..hopefully something happens in our favour:)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk 2
    Developer

That's why there are should be no cheap windows phones as they bring nothing. Minimum 16gb should be as the start point. Also I see no reason to release 512mb ram phones as they will not run a lot of new and upcoming games and even applications!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Adams View Post
    That's why there are should be no cheap windows phones as they bring nothing. Minimum 16gb should be as the start point. Also I see no reason to release 512mb ram phones as they will not run a lot of new and upcoming games and even applications!
    I see..what you say is really logical..couldn't they(msft) think of it? Strange

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    But what if the apps and games are optimised for a 512mb ram device?

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broar94 View Post
    I doubt they are going to provide any kind of app2sd(like in Android) seeing security concerns. It has not been implemented in IOS either, not sure if jailbreaking helps.

they are better off implementing screen lock rotation, better audio api management, etc for the next WP update!
    I see...thanks dude :)

They have cheap smartphones for people who dont want to pay full price for a high end device, or dont want to sign a contract to get a cheap price for a phone. If you want full features, you're going to have to pay for it.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steephill View Post
    They have cheap smartphones for people who dont want to pay full price for a high end device, or dont want to sign a contract to get a cheap price for a phone. If you want full features, you're going to have to pay for it.
    I feel this discussion is getting off-topic!
    I needed a solution to my existing device..not about how people don't want to pay and other ****...I already own iPod touch 5..and of course won't pay that much for a windows phone with so many glitches..

Last edited by Daniel Ratcliffe; 06-23-2013 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Removed insult.
    What you're looking at is one of the trade-offs that comes with buying a low-end phone. It's not a glitch, as you say, but a matter of choosing to pay less for a phone with lesser capabilities. The reason that Nokia is making low-end phones is because there is a demand for low-end phones. If you want better, you'll have to buy better. And this is not getting off-topic - it's addressing your desire for more storage. Want more storage? Buy more storage.
    - Rich

WPCentral.com | WPCentral Store | Mobile Nations Forum Rules

Join Bing Rewards and get rewarded - and get me a few bonus points!

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hopmedic View Post
    What you're looking at is one of the trade-offs that comes with buying a low-end phone. It's not a glitch, as you say, but a matter of choosing to pay less for a phone with lesser capabilities. The reason that Nokia is making low-end phones is because there is a demand for low-end phones. If you want better, you'll have to buy better. And this is not getting off-topic - it's addressing your desire for more storage. Want more storage? Buy more storage.
    Yeah I know that..and I said that I don't feel like purchasing a high end windows phone..I am satisfied with my iPod..I was just asking if there was a solution :)

The Nokia Lumia Storage Check app lets you move your maps to the SD card too, saving some more space.

I do wonder why I have 2GB of "other" files though. The app won't give details.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ListenUpGuys View Post
    The Nokia Lumia Storage Check app lets you move your maps to the SD card too, saving some more space.

Yeah i too face that issue and just posted a message on windows operating system section of the forum:)

Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Maybe addressing the 'other storage issue' in future updates could be kind of a solution.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    »Lass dir deinen Entwurf nicht kaputt machen.«
    »Do not let them depreciate your design.«
    — Manfred Kröplien

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts
    Suggestions welcome..
    Thanks in advance

Lumia 630? [rubs eyes]
    Are you okay?
    xandros9 likes this.

My storage displays that info too. I also have 2 GB of "other" files. I'm using Lumia 720. I thought MS already released an update to address that problem, but no update so far.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by krox1105 View Post
    Lumia 630? [rubs eyes]
    Are you okay?
    Il yeah I am okay..was a typo..I meant 620!!:D..hope Nokia launches a 630 with the issue solved lol

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhayEL View Post
    My storage displays that info too. I also have 2 GB of "other" files. I'm using Lumia 720. I thought MS already released an update to address that problem, but no update so far.
    It is the metadata in the "Other" folder, in particular, app metadata, that is the culprit.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MSFTisMIA View Post
    It is the metadata in the "Other" folder, in particular, app metadata, that is the culprit.
    Is there a way out?

Quote Originally Posted by jhayEL View Post
    You mean, announcement?

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts
    Is there a way out?

Right now, no. Hopefully this gets addressed the same way as the fist question you asked. You can in the meantime manage our metadata by clearing browser history, clearing app caches and stuff like that periodically and do the occasional factory reset.

Global Posts
    3,616 Global Posts

You need the latest firmware and it doesn't let you move existing maps. You've got to delete those and re-download.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast