So I've recently started texting using the built in Messenger functionality in WP8 to a couple of people I know, because I made a Room with them. What's annoying is that I'm also receiving duplicate messages in Skype, since Skype now handles that service. I thought about turning off toast notifications for the Skype app, but then I wouldn't get notified of messages from people who aren't also Messenger contacts. I know this a transitional phase for MS, but this kind of crap just feels so sloppy. If they were going to build that Rooms feature into their brand new mobile OS, I wish they'd have waited until they could bake Skype fully into the platform.
    And if they had waited people would have shouted that it doesn't work. So they did it the best way that they could integrate both.

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    I just noticed that this week in a Lumia 920 I got for an 8X this past Sunday. I normally received Messenger messages in the Messages hub, not in Skype.

On the Lumia, I get duplicate messages. I'ts a annoying because I prefer to chat in the Messages hub and then I have to open Skype to make the tile notifications go away. Microsoft should start integrating Skype into the messages hub asap to avoid this problem/issue/annoyance.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Switch off messages in skype. It is in notification settings of skype.

Quote Originally Posted by mberdych View Post
    Switch off messages in skype. It is in notification settings of skype.
    The problem with that solution is that for contacts that are solely on Skype, then you won't see that they were trying to get in touch. I really can't wait until Microsoft gets everything squared away with stuff like this. I imagine it'll be ironed out with windows phone blue, but that's still almost a year out.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    No, in skype, there are 2 options for switch off notifications. Skype or Messenger, so switch off just messenger. Mine works fine. If someone writes to me on messenger/facebook I got it natively in messages app. If skype, then through skype. Not ideal, but OK.