05-28-2013, 07:41 PM #1
- 117 Posts
So I've recently started texting using the built in Messenger functionality in WP8 to a couple of people I know, because I made a Room with them. What's annoying is that I'm also receiving duplicate messages in Skype, since Skype now handles that service. I thought about turning off toast notifications for the Skype app, but then I wouldn't get notified of messages from people who aren't also Messenger contacts. I know this a transitional phase for MS, but this kind of crap just feels so sloppy. If they were going to build that Rooms feature into their brand new mobile OS, I wish they'd have waited until they could bake Skype fully into the platform.
- 05-31-2013, 09:54 AM #3
I just noticed that this week in a Lumia 920 I got for an 8X this past Sunday. I normally received Messenger messages in the Messages hub, not in Skype.
On the Lumia, I get duplicate messages. I'ts a annoying because I prefer to chat in the Messages hub and then I have to open Skype to make the tile notifications go away. Microsoft should start integrating Skype into the messages hub asap to avoid this problem/issue/annoyance.
06-01-2013, 10:08 AM #5
- 117 Posts
- 06-02-2013, 01:35 AM #6
No, in skype, there are 2 options for switch off notifications. Skype or Messenger, so switch off just messenger. Mine works fine. If someone writes to me on messenger/facebook I got it natively in messages app. If skype, then through skype. Not ideal, but OK.
- By Risvall in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 03-25-2013, 06:53 PM
- By fardream in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 02-23-2013, 08:21 PM
- By CaliforniaMan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 04-19-2012, 11:14 AM
- By CaliforniaMan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 04-16-2012, 02:16 AM
- By starsoccer9 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 08-16-2011, 11:14 PM