- 05-06-2013, 06:33 AM #1
Ok so every live tile has stopped updating. Among them: Weave, WPCentral, Amazing Weather HD, Day Counter, MyStocks, METweets. All stopped. Repinnned - no effect, reinstalled - no effect, turned off, then on in setting; background tasks - no effect. I have powered off the phone and back on, I even started to delete apps I rarely use. Is there a master reset for the background tasks, anything...
- 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM #6
OP - I recently posted an issue where my lock screen apps have recently stopped refreshing, but I have also noticed that many of my live tiles are not updating as well. Do you have any issues with your lock screen refreshing? I am starting to suspect the new Facebook app might be the problem. Did you download the Facebook app, and did your problems start around then?
- 05-06-2013, 10:14 AM #7Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 05-06-2013, 10:51 AM #8Did I read this right? Are you saying Amazing Weather broke your live tiles? Interesting.
- 05-06-2013, 01:18 PM #10
So - no battery save is not on. Turned on, then off just to be sure then restarted the phone. I have had amazing weather for months now with no problems. The only change was installing the latest Facebook BETA app. I know its beta - so buyer beware. Anyway - I will uninstall that and see what happens.
05-06-2013, 06:12 PM #14
- 14 Posts
Same here. I uninstalled Amazing Weather at the same time as these others, and then my live tiles and lock screen came back to life.
amazing weather hd
- 05-08-2013, 01:48 PM #18
For what it is worth, after several days of live tiles not working and the lock screen not refreshing, it has started working again. Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what fixed it, as I just did a lot of unpinning, repinning, uninstalling, reinstalling, airplane mode on/off, and rebooting, and it did not instantly come back after one particular step. Tiles started sporadically updating at first, and now are doing it reliably. It's like it just came unclogged for some reason. Anyway, I have no suggestions to fix this, but offer some hope for others experiencing this issue that it may resolve on its own.
05-10-2013, 08:24 PM #19
- 7 Posts
I'm now in the middle of my second bout with this. I've also unpinned/repinned, soft reset, uninstalled/reinstalled, airplane mode, let the battery die overnight, basically everything short of a factory reset. A feature to manually refresh this service at the OS level really needs to be included. Bury it as deep as possible in the settings. Hopefully most people will never have to use it. I love my Lumia 920, but live tiles is one of the main points of differentiation for mobile OS. This has to be more reliable. Once every 3 months is not cool.
- 05-11-2013, 03:58 PM #20
Okay, so, there are two issues present here:
1) If your live tiles NEVER update, even after opening the apps, you might have the stuck app problem, usually caused by crashes or issues. Clear the IE history, & reset with vol down & power. Then wait. It may take a few times for this to catch, but it works, trust me.
2) This second issue is the one I just had. Its the same damn bug from WP7. Once you have x amount of apps with live tiles - whether they're enabled or not - the system can't update them. They'll update once after opening the app, & freeze again. This is solved by uninstalling apps listed in the background tasks part of settings. Amazing Weather may have just been coincidental. Chances are, any app would've fixed this.
05-13-2013, 02:01 PM #25
- 1,120 Posts
- By kenzibit in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 13Last Post: 05-17-2013, 09:29 AM
- By Serefina1825 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 12-20-2012, 07:03 PM
- By kamelot in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 03-12-2012, 04:15 PM
- By dlrohm in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 2Last Post: 02-14-2012, 08:33 AM
- By astroXP in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 10-06-2011, 12:35 AM