- 05-05-2013, 12:29 PM #2
Interesting. I can see MMS messages that I have sent but ones sent to me generate some error. There was a thread maybe a month or so ago that some people had managed to see the whole list of text backups in outlook. They are most certainly there but for some reason MS isn't allowing access to them...at least not intentionally.
- 05-05-2013, 12:37 PM #3
In Outlook if you click 'messaging history' on the left hand side then look at the URL of that page...
should be similar to this...
If your remove the end bit after the &as=1 then press enter it suddenly shows all texts instead of your facebook and skype chats etc!
(dont copy this URL because yours will be different)
- 05-06-2013, 07:16 PM #6
- 05-07-2013, 02:06 PM #11
I keep meaning to ask this somewhere...
When I log into outlook with my outlook email account I still see this at the bottom of the page:
Get your XXXXX@outlook.com mail right in Outlook
You can read and send messages from other email accounts without signing in to different places.
Why would it show me that when I am using that exact outlook account in outlook?
- 05-12-2013, 05:58 PM #15
https://bay177.mail.live.com/default...12345678&fid=b but it isn't working. Still just shows me the facebook chats not sms or takes be back to my inbox if I delete too much.
05-16-2013, 01:39 PM #16
- 3 Posts
Not working for me either, sadly. My facebook messages are all that show up no matter what I do to the URL. SMS Backup works, though, pulling data from the cloud to restore text history to my new phone, even though I can't see the messages in outlook.
05-16-2013, 03:14 PM #18
- 63 Posts
Yes, I got this to work. Here is what I did:
- Click Messaging History.
- Press F6 (or click in the address bar)
- Press END
- Press BACKSPACE one time
- Press ENTER
This worked for me, and it should work for you. Note that once you do this, the Messaging History will no longer be highlighted, but you will in fact be seeing your messages. It seems as though emails are co-mingled.
05-19-2013, 08:05 PM #21
- 9 Posts
I am new to this forum and its my first post
Stumbled upon this post on Google because I was trying to find a way to look up old text messages with my significant other for memories sake but I could not do so on my Nokia Lumia 920. It would just show the call log when i went into the history log and stopped showing recent texts messages that were before this month... I think it might be due to the recent update that it does this...but i do not like it one bit. The method luk3ja works for me. Here is my proof:
As you can see, all of my texts show as well as what said in each text message. Here is what I did and maybe these steps will will work for you so that you can see your texts messages too
1. Go to Outlook
2. On the left hand side, under Folders, there should be a folder labeled "Messaging history"
3. Click the label "Messaging history" and look at your address bar... It should look something like this ->
This is my unique address bar for my Outlook account. What is important is the =b at the end.
4. Click on the address but do not select/highlight it; press the "End" key on your keyboard.
5. Press either backspace or delete so that it is now "https://bay168.mail.live.com/default.aspx?id=64855&owa=1&owasuffix=owa%2f#n=1541631139&fid=" (notice there is no more "b" in the end of the url)
6. Press enter. All your text messages should pop up.
Note: This did not work the first time for me actually. I got it to work after I clicked on the Photos label on the left hand side and logged out and logged back in so you might need to fiddle around with your account first by clicking random folders and logging in/out in order for this to start working. Cheers
06-26-2013, 10:42 AM #23
- 1 Posts
This worked for a moment, then all the texts disappeared. I could see all my texts - just like I used to with Nokia Suite. But alas, when i clicked on the arrow for the last page, they all disappeared. Since then when I try it, I can only see emails. I know they are there somewhere, but I don't know how to get them back again!
- By Charles Whiting in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 07-26-2013, 09:23 PM
- By mmundy in forum HTC 8XReplies: 5Last Post: 03-08-2013, 01:24 PM
- By digitalbath in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 6Last Post: 07-10-2011, 07:48 AM
- By MikeEggleston in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 11-20-2010, 09:34 PM