- 04-21-2013, 02:43 PM #9
Pandora app (which has some free subscriptions going right?)
A text message
Instant Photo Sharing to Networks
Blink app to select from multiple photos
Skype call integrated in the OS
Endorsement by the man.
You surely need to use your WP more often ;)Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
04-21-2013, 04:20 PM #11
- 282 Posts
- 04-21-2013, 04:53 PM #12
- 04-21-2013, 04:58 PM #13awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
- 04-21-2013, 04:59 PM #14
Celebrity endorsement ads have less to do with product features and more to do with consumers associating the product with someone they admire.
Target audience: Men who like sports, and technology
Ad strategy: (1) I (consumer) like basketball, (2) I like Grant Hill, (3) Grant Hill likes Windows Phone, (4) Therefore, maybe I will like Windows Phone too?
There's also the sub-text of tenacity. Grant Hill has been a basketball star for a long time. He's come back from injury, he's still hungry to win. But he also balances that with keeping in touch with the people in his life that are most important to him. Audiences can connect with a storyline like this.
And if you like features, he does emphasize the camera on the phone, which is one of the top things people use smartphones for.
Also, side note. Grant Hill, class act.
- 04-21-2013, 05:29 PM #15Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 04-21-2013, 06:31 PM #16
- 04-21-2013, 10:34 PM #18
let's focus on the weakest market (is it still the us?)then....
if association and relation were the motivators, why not get a semi geeky 30 something guy with a beer gut and tout the phones positives in an edgy "snap into a slim jim" esque skit ?
people are can still remember "where's the beef?", but have no idea who the three little old ladies were.
pandora and skype are taken for granted, blow folks socks off with a badass exclusive instead ?awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
- 04-21-2013, 11:01 PM #19
- 04-22-2013, 12:17 AM #20
- 04-22-2013, 01:41 AM #22
- 04-22-2013, 04:34 AM #23Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
- 04-22-2013, 07:40 AM #24awwwww how sweeeeeet. thanks !
- By DontHate707 in forum General Microsoft News and DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-03-2013, 11:25 AM
- By CaliforniaMan in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 46Last Post: 10-05-2011, 07:14 PM
- By SausageSlice in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2011, 12:04 PM
- By CaptCaveman in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM