Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree599Likes

I have a few of them but a recent one was a women who was using an Iphone asked me, is that a Windows Phone? After telling her yes she said they are rubbish! I asked her what's rubbish about them, she said, you cant send texts with them.
    She wasn't actually thinking they were say, difficult to text on, she actually thought Windows Phones don't allow texting. How stupid can you get...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    Some people still thinking that WP8 needs Zune.........

They have no idea that its plug 'n' play............

Yeah and also those bluetooth lovers think my phone can't be used for bluetooth transfers.Other day asked me how they want to send me the song and i said bluetooth and were surprised actually.
    I'll say some:
    Does it have apps?
    Is it touch screen?
    Is it retina?
    Can it play music?
    Do you have games?
    That is NOT an iPhone, what is that?
    Eww, why would you buy that brick? iPhones are so much better.

These are just few. What Apple has done that makes people feel about non-Apple smartphones just amazes me.
    Quote Originally Posted by EasilyTheBest View Post
    I have a few of them but a recent one was a women who was using an Iphone asked me, is that a Windows Phone? After telling her yes she said they are rubbish! I asked her what's rubbish about them, she said, you cant send texts with them.
    She wasn't actually thinking they were say, difficult to text on, she actually thought Windows Phones don't allow texting. How stupid can you get...
    Typical clueless iPhone users/iSheep.

Global Posts
    781 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Typical clueless iPhone users/iSheep.
    Even lot of android users say similar things and so do blackberry users.

Its mindset created in people in general about WP due to lack of awareness.

I'm just waiting for someone to tell me that I should be careful with those Live Tiles as you can get an electric shock.
    Or can you get Neutral Tiles. 😃
    Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    the dumbest question is without a doubt "do you like it?" to which i reply

"why no, i hate it, i just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

i mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.
    lol
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post
    Even lot of android users say similar things and so do blackberry users.

Its mindset created in people in general about WP due to lack of awareness.
    ^^
    But most Android users I know have most knowledge and aren't as dumb as my IOS friends.
    James8561 likes this.
    the dumbest question is without a doubt "Do you like it?" to which I reply

"why no, I hate it, I just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

I mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.
    Given the pathetic "I'm f***ing off to Android" comments on every thread...
    Last edited by great_smell_of_brut; 04-03-2013 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by great_smell_of_brut View Post
    What given the pathetic "I'm f***ing off to Android" comments on every thread...
    Huh?

I can only agree, apples userbase consists of more than 50% idiots that think smartphone == iPhone. Of course there are a few that like it for its speed, advanced modding possibilities (Jailbreak), the Frameworks, the coding language, but they are only a few. And Android, I can't even count these 2-3", non-capacitive touchscreen devices as smartphones. People I know only use them for texting and a very bit Facebook, but still these devices drastically improve statistics for Android. Best question I've had: what launcher is that? looks awesome!
    neo158 likes this.

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    One of the funniest comments i've had about my 8X was while i was in a bar and someone looked at my (admittedly very noticable blue phone) and simply saying 'Why haven't you got an iPhone?'........sigh
    Thanked by:
    Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Huh?
    Yes, that sentence doesn't make much sense. I'm just venting my spleen
    Thanked by:

Sort of the other way round but...

I hadn't had my 820 (my first real smart phone) long. My friend who's a long time iPhone user came round for a meal and wine soon after. I was keen to show her my new WP8 phone, which I did. Brilliant as I thought it was, I lamented the fact that the calculator was a bit crap, more like something you'd just use to tot up your shopping bill. She looked at me a bit gone out, as if I was having a joke. She took my phone and turned it on its side. Doh!!!

So after that I'm reluctant to poke fun at others...
    Thanked by:
    When I was showing off my new Lumia amongst my friends, one of them quickly installed a WP8 launcher and told me it was a bad decision to spend so much on a new phone when I could have got the same effect on a much cheaper Android for free!

Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    "It's a flop"

Makes my blood boil. Makes me want to smack that ***** out of the living daylight.

P.S I thought the thread asks "what is the most stupidest thing someone said about Windows Phone".
    Thanked by:
    cedarlog and Ranak Mann like this.

Global Posts
    2,904 Global Posts
    "Is that an iPhone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by GraemeT View Post
    Sort of the other way round but...

I hadn't had my 820 (my first real smart phone) long. My friend who's a long time iPhone user came round for a meal and wine soon after. I was keen to show her my new WP8 phone, which I did. Brilliant as I thought it was, I lamented the fact that the calculator was a bit crap, more like something you'd just use to tot up your shopping bill. She looked at me a bit gone out, as if I was having a joke. She took my phone and turned it on its side. Doh!!!

So after that I'm reluctant to poke fun at others...
    The calculator is my favorite app lol definitely the most used by me
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    "Does it lag"?
    I told them with a straight face very casually, "Do you wanna hear a joke? Android."

Great idea for a forum post.

Now what one person said to me was "Bro, why did you spend money on a phone like that? Why didn't you invest in a quality phone? The iPhone?".... I don't know what made the iPhone a quality phone, but my HTC 8X's audio quality is WAYY ahead of the iPhone. Also, I have all the apps that I need. It serves it's purpose, in a high quality manner ;)

I have another, I said to a women that I like her phone. She said thanks, its a Nokia iphone!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Reproducing from another thread.

Gentleman next to me on bus: "What phone is that?"
    Me: It's a Nokia.
    GM : Never heard of it. Is that a chinese knock off or something?

*Facepalm*

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    the dumbest question is without a doubt "Do you like it?" to which I reply

"why no, I hate it, I just love going out and blowing hundreds of dollars on gadgets that make me miserable"

I mean, what kind of ******* question is that? It is like someone asking if you like your broken arm or your wrecked car.
    How is that a stupid question? I've known people who bought a phone and liked it at first but over time the things that were minor annoyances at first grew to bother them a ton. For instance, I had a coworker who used a Palm Pre Plus, and I asked him if he liked it and he said it was a piece of ****, couldn't get any good apps for it, battery life sucked, etc. He wasn't all negative about it but there was enough that bothered him that we would no longer recommend it to someone.

Global Posts
    454 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EasilyTheBest View Post
    I have another, I said to a women that I like her phone. She said thanks, its a Nokia iphone!
    To be honest some of the carrier reps I think are somewhat to blame for some of this mindset. You have to remember how many "normal users" out there aren't technically inclined and probably have never logged into a tech forum in their lives. For instance I went to an AT&T store recently and I asked the manager how the BlackBerry Z10's were selling. He said, "Pretty well actually, it's a combination of an Android and an iPhone."

That means he's saying that to people who don't know any better and probably go around and tell people their new BlackBerry is an Android iPhone.

Global Posts
    628 Global Posts
    Well one guy called me "trend setter" for going with a 822. To be fair it was after I called a him and a bunch of iPhone users iSheep... One Android user (who is open minded) I showed it to was astounded that the phone was free. He thought it was pretty good hardware for free...
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast