- 04-02-2013, 10:33 PM #2
I think there are already a ton of threads on this, and this one could very well be closed and/or merged into another one, but I'll comment a few things that would make me super happy:
+Vibrate AND ring. As in, keep vibrating while the phone ringtone is playing. Really tired of this current vibrate THEN ring thing going on... it can make it hard for me to catch a call sometimes.
+A way to view missed toasts or an option to keep them on screen until they're dismissed. This will save me frustration.
+Allow apps to overlay their data on existing wallpaper (i.e. I want my 5-day weather forecast and current temps right on top of a rotating wallpaper app)
+Allow shortcuts to any other app on the phone from any app (i.e. I can create custom tiles, using custom tile apps, that link to an existing app on my phone)
+Be able to choose a default app for an action on the phone (i.e. Maybe I want web links to open in UC Browser or SurfCube)
+Some kind of "file manager" that allows me to, at the very least, manage files that get "lost" in the system (i.e. I've read several threads about people downloading something, having it Bluetooth transferred to them, etc and having the file get lost. Personally, I'd love to be able to clear out temp files such as when you have to download an attachment in email before saving it. Oh, and I'm still not sure how to delete a downloaded pdf... all this keeps me from downloading attachments and pdfs on my phone)
- 04-02-2013, 10:39 PM #3
larger screen size support, 1080p
windows phone 8.1 being default OS for 7" and lower devices
file manager / file sharing -- let me do something with those office docs and pdfs I get every day besides forwarding.
call blocking (though samsung ativ s has it)
- 04-02-2013, 11:16 PM #4
Some sort of toast keeper (notification center). The lack of this is one of the reasons I'm considering the Z10.
I'd also like to see Instagram and Skype added as People Hub, integrated accounts. We need something that makes video calling just as easy as BBM or Facetime.
Major overhaul on Xbox Music app.
I would like to see HDMI outputs available on a model or two. That would make my job a breeze.RSM for VZW
Phone history: HTC Trophy, Droid Razr, Curve 9370, HTC Rezound, HTC 8X Blue, HTC 8X VZW Employee Edition, LG Intuition, Nokia Lumia 928 White, LG G2, Droid Ultra VZW Employee Edition, iPhone 5S
- 04-03-2013, 12:27 AM #7
Ahhh i can't stand seeing the word "Instagram" anymore LOL this app is worse than crack, pplz are so addicted they can't live w/o it or use a similar app (like Photoplay) lol
And i believe Skype integration will come when they are done with the transition from Messenger!
What i would rly like is a "share" button on People Hub News Feed...i can like/comment but no sharing ):
Also being able to see my groups would be nice!
A notification center would be cool but i don't rly miss it lo
edit: i just thought of smth else...media volume should be separated from ring volume
Last edited by nessinhaw; 04-03-2013 at 01:10 AM.
- 04-03-2013, 12:40 AM #9
I would really like to be able to toggle between ringer only, vibrate only and silent on the top of the screen after using the volume buttons. I don't need or want vibrate on when I'm at home, but when I go out I only want vibrate; I shouldn't have to go into the settings menu to change that behavior.
A minor issue to be sure, but I would really appreciate it.
04-03-2013, 01:32 AM #10
- 6 Posts
All major apps will eventually land in the store as long as developers see Windows Phone gaining market share. Here are 10 improvements I would like to see in no particular order
1. Swiping from left to get to open apps to make multi-tasking easier (windows 8 or Nokia Nokia N9 meego multi-tasking feature)
2. Ability to name groups or sections (currently using wiztiles)
3. Clicking on title of the group will allow me to jump to that section rather than have to scroll all the time
4. Able to Pin directly to a certain group or section instead of having to pin to start screen and than have to move it around (think of newspaper style sections)
4. Instead of continuous scroll how about page break style. where if I slide up it will stop automatically at certain point (see Xbox scrolling)
5. Notification Center
6 Select All / Delete all for emails (surprised this feature is not standard)
8. Universal search and please align the app list to the left of the screen
9. Ability to move around more than one tile at a time
10. Unification with Windows 8 (which will take care of majority of the above )
Note to Nokia: Please change the name of the HERE suites of apps back to NOKIA. The Nokia name carries more weight when comparing to Google maps and all. I work retail selling cell phones and customers have this puzzling look when I explain the HERE drive by NOKIA. When I explain to customers as NOKIA drive they relate to the whole NOKIA brand it builds instant trust with customers.
I hope someone at Microsoft and Nokia gets to read all of our input and hopefully they will listen to the users and implement some of the suggestions into the next update. Appreciate the opportunity WPC
- 04-03-2013, 12:15 PM #14
Simple But highly needed things :
>>Screen Orientation Lock
>>Ability to choose Album Art/Artist Art through setting
>>Ability to create Playlists
>>Equalizer And Auto off music timer
>>Scrubbing in Music Player
>>More Playable Video Formats
>>Ability to see the subtitles and chapters of videos (example : some iTunes movies have chapters marked and subtitles but don't show up on WP)
>>Ability for user to choose whether volume control should be unified or separate for media/phone
>>Slideshow for photos and also ability to add background music from music player in background (Come on! a basic feature , Why didn't they add this when they added 720p support for WP8 ?)
>>Notifications for apps not present in start screen.
>>Fix Bluetooth issues with BMW cars
>>Ability for user to choose whether search button takes u to bing search or enables search within the app without pressing search button (example : press search in contacts enables u to search contacts instead of manually searching).
>>Better fixes for other storage
>>Music and Games Tile suited as per accent color
>>Add Google+ Integration
>>Universal Search (like Spotlight in iOS)
>>Turn off lights of those 3 bottom keys while playing videos (quite distracting and annoying during night times)
>>Ability to turn on LED flash continuosly while taking video (not sure if its available as of now but as far as i know its not)
- 04-03-2013, 12:20 PM #15
For MSFT to listen to us and put on all the missing stuff from WP in a timely manner.
I'd rather see them just a series of minor updates with two or three of the features people are asking for a time, than to wait until two to three major points in the cycle when they drop 5-6 new features at once.
- 04-03-2013, 09:07 PM #17
I'm satisfied with the way my phone is.
I just want Microsoft to optimize the OS even further. No, I don't necessarily want the OS to take up just 90 MB of RAM, but something that would loosen up the RAM limits for apps.
04-04-2013, 12:11 AM #18
- 501 Posts
Basic stuff that I simply cannot believe is not in WP, but is in my 5 year old flip phone:
- Text messaging auto-drafts
- Toggle ringer, vibrate, silent
- Individual vibrate signals for contacts
- Individual volume controls for music, ringer, speaker
- T9-style number pad access to contacts
- Speed dial (make dialer default to "Top contacts" instead of "History" would be fine... or something like that)
This can't be that hard to do.
Oh, and Instagram. ;)
- 04-04-2013, 12:17 AM #19
- 04-04-2013, 12:37 AM #20
My requests are basic features that should be a part of every current smartphone:
1. Muted notification sounds while during a phone call. My text message and email tones are audible on my end and the other person's end as well during a call.
2. A simple way to close an app- Please end the continuous back button presses needed to close an app. I propose The hold press of the back button to see the apps currently in use, and then a flick or swipe up to close the app completely.
3. Fix the ringtone bugs. Some WP devices have a stutter sound at the end of the ringtone or when the user answers the phone. It is quite annoying. Never heard of this before.
4. Simple way to power on/off device. Long pressing the power button and sliding down the power screen to turn the phone off are too many steps. A simple touch screen power on/off button will do.
5. Ability to add custom message or email tones.
6. Sound profiles- Soft, normal, loud are examples of this. Also a longer vibration or the ability to choose the level of vibration for ringtones.
7. An easier way to add to contacts. Currently you have to add the number, then the name separately. I would love to see the ability to add all of the info at one time.
8. Incognito browsing or the ability to choose which sites you wish to block or accept cookies from. The ability to automatically erase browsing info after closing the tabs.
9. My Apps in the Store- The ability to see all of the apps that were downloaded and uninstalled viewable in the Store.
10. Ability to clear entire phone's cache instead of just the internet explorer's browsing history.
11. Last, but not least a notification light to let me know if I have a missed call, message, or email.
04-04-2013, 02:07 AM #22
- 9 Posts
My only thing with that (and please correct me if I'm wrong) is you're only going to download a few types of files... documents/pdf, music, video, photos
Documents are in Office.
PDF's open with a PDF viewer (which sucks that you can't actually save them)
Pictures go to the photo hub.
Music/Video go to the music hub.
So knowing that things are broken down like that is a file manager really necessary?
- 04-04-2013, 02:17 AM #23
I should have been more clear, sorry.
- 04-04-2013, 02:26 AM #25
Oh yeah, and the people who have had files transferred to their phone via NFC or Bluetooth or whatever and couldn't find them in any of their hubs (i.e. lost)... you could find them using a file manager.
- By cgk in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 15Last Post: 03-04-2013, 10:59 PM
- By Gaius in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 11-26-2012, 03:59 PM
- By 12Danny123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 6Last Post: 10-13-2012, 11:44 PM
- By md_minhaj in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 06-06-2012, 11:15 AM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 16Last Post: 01-07-2012, 11:32 PM