- 03-26-2013, 03:37 PM #1
WPs other problem was minor for me at first. Now, it has hit 5GB, preventing me from installing games on my 16GB 8X.
Used shrink storage.
Used IE Catche ceaner
Uninstalled a lot of apps.
- 03-26-2013, 04:29 PM #5Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive:::::. Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3...........
Looking forward to going backFinally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x (iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with).
- 03-26-2013, 06:04 PM #10
Just copy a number of large files to the phone storage (like movies). copy as much as you can, one by one and uses some smaller files to cram as much as you can on the phone. This will make the phone free up space from 'other' storage. You can remove the files once you can't put any more on.
Other storage is the reserved space the phone uses. It will normally grab as much as it can and release it as you need it for other things, but this seems to be partially broken. An update/fix is under way for this and Nokia has included a nifty tool for this in the latest firmware.
03-26-2013, 06:08 PM #11
- 31 Posts
Great news: For people who didn't receive extras+info update.
For Extras+ info, which gave me the storage checker option and ability to delete temp files.
Yes, u lose all data so make sure u have a backup, but at least u wont have to deal with it again with the storage checker present.
- By Twitter@Firas_MD in forum HTC 8XReplies: 7Last Post: 01-27-2013, 11:37 AM
- By Pikezer1337 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 14Last Post: 01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
- By garak0410 in forum Windows 8Replies: 1Last Post: 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
- By BIGPADDY009 in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 2Last Post: 11-03-2012, 01:55 AM
- By thanos911 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 152Last Post: 09-25-2011, 01:09 AM