Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 23 of 23
Like Tree17Likes
  • 5 Post By afgzee
  • 1 Post By JerseySal
  • 7 Post By ash29k
  • 1 Post By afgzee
  • 1 Post By Darkgift
  • 1 Post By ryanj04
  • 1 Post By EauRouge
  1. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
       #1  
    Facebook News Feed | Facebook

    So Facebook for desktop, Android & iOS is getting a major update in the coming weeks, but us on Windows Phone are still left in the dark. We never got timeline and I don't think we're getting this either.

    If Microsoft and Facebook have such a good relationship what is the reason that we're being left in the dark like this?

    Do you think we're going to get the new design? Everyone seems so hooked on Instagram that they're forgetting Facebook.

    I don't give a **** for instagram to be honest, but do for Facebook.
  2. JerseySal's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    592 Posts
    Global Posts
    600 Global Posts
    #2  
    I hate all of those useless social networks that are just giant advertising billboards for people that like to be attention whores, stalkers, kid touchers, and fake rappers.
    ~Sal
    WorzelGummage likes this.
  3. ash29k's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    68 Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    I hate all of those useless social networks that are just giant advertising billboards for people that like to be attention whores, stalkers, kid touchers, and fake rappers.
    wow, someone has issues :D
    Thanked by:
  4. muitosabao's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #4  
    Totally agreed. Facebook on WP8, besides the integration, is a total joke. the app is close to useless (erratic and unreliable notifications, check a post, go back and the app reloads, bringing you back up on the timeline etc), and barely updated.
  5. Gaichuke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by muitosabao View Post
    Totally agreed. Facebook on WP8, besides the integration, is a total joke. the app is close to useless (erratic and unreliable notifications, check a post, go back and the app reloads, bringing you back up on the timeline etc), and barely updated.
    What? If I go in to a post and then press Start and do something else, when I return to FB it continues exactly where I left it and resumes instantly.
  6. Darkgift's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke View Post
    What? If I go in to a post and then press Start and do something else, when I return to FB it continues exactly where I left it and resumes instantly.
    yeah, but go into a post and then hit back. It reloads....well, refreshes would be a better word, and ur back to the top of whatever page u were in (timeline, newsfeed, etc.)
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!
    Thanked by:
  7. Gaichuke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    yeah, but go into a post and then hit back. It reloads....well, refreshes would be a better word, and ur back to the top of whatever page u were in (timeline, newsfeed, etc.)
    Nope, it does not do that either. The feed scroll position is saved if I press back from a post (just checked).
  8. Jaskys's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    603 Posts
    Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    I hate all of those useless social networks that are just giant advertising billboards for people that like to be attention whores, stalkers, kid touchers, and fake rappers.
    Well there's people like me who uses facebook for messaging and studies...
    Thanked by:
  9. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
       #9  
    What could be the problem here though, why the **** is Microsoft not pulling their thumb out, and why the **** is Facebook not bothering to make an app for us, for a company the size of them, it wouldn't be hard. There are millions of Windows Phone Facebook users out there so making a proper app for us is worth it.

    Microsoft need to stop getting down on their knees for Instagram and do something about Facebook app, because people say just use touch facenook.com but there are no notifications from there and I use this app for communication so its important for me.
    2Suave likes this.
  10. Darkgift's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    295 Posts
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaichuke View Post
    Nope, it does not do that either. The feed scroll position is saved if I press back from a post (just checked).
    then count ur blessings. U have a glitch that's actually worked to ur favor. The normal behavior is a refresh. Its one if the biggest gripes people have with the app.
    Sprint (9 1/2 years) - Samsung SPH-A460, Sanyo PM-8200(S), Samsung A900 "Blade" & Samsung SPH-M620 "Upstage" simultaneously (2 lines), Samsung Instinct & Samsung Upstage simultaneously (2 lines), Palm Pre & Palm Pixi simultaneously (2 lines), HTC Evo, HTC Arrive::::Verizon (since March 2012) - iPhone 4s, HP Pre3.....[S]Looking forward to going back[/S] Finally back to Windows Phone with the HTC 8x [S](iPhone 4s as work line, HP Pre3 to play with)[/S]...now on a Nokia Lumia Icon. Love my Gen 1 Surface RT!!
    Ronald Brown likes this.
  11. phirefly's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    338 Posts
    Global Posts
    342 Global Posts
    #11  
    The interface on IOS and Android is very similar. The WP Interface as we all know is way different, it's Metro and designed by MS. I would love to have an updated app and I don't even care if it was a port and looked like the Android and IOS version but when we get a port people love to complain that it's not metro and looks just like the IOS version. Take WwF for example. It looks like the IOS version and people complain because of that. Sure it would be nice for app devs to create apps that take the Metro design into account but for now to build a nice base I would settle without complaint for great working ports. If they just port the code we would have a better chance at updates since it's not a completely separate app that needs to be completely thought out for a smaller user base.
  12. Gaichuke's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    288 Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkgift View Post
    then count ur blessings. U have a glitch that's actually worked to ur favor. The normal behavior is a refresh. Its one if the biggest gripes people have with the app.
    Ok I figured it out. Since the dots are flying when I return to the feed I guess it indeed does make a refresh. I do not know if it would fly on the top of the feed if a new post comes during the time I was in the comment, but if not then the feed scroll position remains where it was left.
  13. ryanj04's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    36 Posts
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    #13  
    Yeah I have the same issue of the app scrolling ALL the way back to the top of your news feed if you cilck on anything to read it and hit the back button. It is super annoying!
    2Suave likes this.
  14. sandmanfvr's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    129 Posts
    Global Posts
    984 Global Posts
    #14  
    I use people hub and integrated stuff in WP8 and have no issue. Of course I read the new feeds, like and comment and then do Facebook chat and all that is in the OS. So I don't even run the app. Though for people needing more, I think Microsoft should plop some money to Facebook and get a really nice client for heavy users.
  15. Ultimateone's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    779 Posts
    #15  
    close this thread, there is already a 2 page whine-fest below
  16. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimateone View Post
    close this thread, there is already a 2 page whine-fest below
    people like you never whine which is why WP is so behind iOS and Android.

    This thread is regarding the new facebook design whether or not its coming to Windows Phone, a different subject to the other thread.
  17. JamesDax3's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    332 Posts
    Global Posts
    856 Global Posts
    #17  
    This thread is indeed just another whine fest. You have no idea weather or not WP will get these new features yet you are ready to ASSume it won't and cry about it.
  18. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesDax3 View Post
    This thread is indeed just another whine fest. You have no idea weather or not WP will get these new features yet you are ready to ASSume it won't and cry about it.
    we didn't get timeline and now that's being replaced, so what is there or not to whine? I have to assume!
  19. astraith's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    244 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,298 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by afgzee View Post
    Facebook News Feed | Facebook So Facebook for desktop, Android & iOS is getting a major update in the coming weeks, but us on Windows Phone are still left in the dark. We never got timeline and I don't think we're getting this either. If Microsoft and Facebook have such a good relationship what is the reason that we're being left in the dark like this?Do you think we're going to get the new design? Everyone seems so hooked on Instagram that they're forgetting Facebook. I don't give a **** for instagram to be honest, but do for Facebook.
    I don't think Facebook makes our app, MS does. Facebook may not want a third party to make an app with there new UI.
  20. afgzee's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    420 Posts
    Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
       #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I don't think Facebook makes our app, MS does. Facebook may not want a third party to make an app with there new UI.
    that's my point. I know Microsoft develop the Facebook app. The point is we don't even have the old UI (Timelime) what my point is, if they both have such a good relationship why is there no official Facebook app on Windows Phone? Why is Microsoft not pushing Facebook to develop a proper app? Why are Microsoft and Nokia ignoring customer concerns regarding this?
  21. EauRouge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts
    #21  
    Instead of a whine fest, how about a wine fest anyone?
    Tomanband likes this.
  22. EauRouge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    67 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,681 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    I don't think Facebook makes our app, MS does. Facebook may not want a third party to make an app with there new UI.
    BB10 did
  23. HeyCori's Avatar
    Mod Emeritus

    Posts
    5,222 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,247 Global Posts
    #23  
    A discussion is already going on. Please use one thread.

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody downloaded the new Facebook app yet?
    By brmiller1976 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 01:26 AM
  2. Here's what I want the most of the new API's.
    By Averry in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-14-2011, 12:48 AM
  3. Thoughs of the New Arrive
    By gibbyhome in forum HTC Arrive / 7 Pro
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 03-27-2011, 09:10 AM
  4. Reinventing them selves in the new era?
    By IRVING21 in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2010, 03:37 AM

Posting Permissions