- 03-17-2013, 08:00 AM #1
The way my phone is currently set up is that when I tap phone to make a call the "history" page displays. Would it be possible to set up the phone so that the keypad will display and speed dial from the keypad or maybe have contacts/people display and speed dial?
- 03-17-2013, 08:10 AM #3Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.
03-17-2013, 01:39 PM #5
- 681 Posts
03-18-2013, 10:05 AM #8
- 180 Posts
I don't think you need an app for this. I would create a "speed dial" group in people, pin the group to the home screen - job done. But that's just me.
Actually, it's not. I don't even need that. My 2 most often contacted people are my wife and my brother, so I've just got them pinned to my home screen, that way I can email them too, or whatever.
03-18-2013, 10:11 AM #9
- 338 Posts
You could always just ask your phone to call, text, email, that would be the quickest way without opening anything, just press and hold the windows button to activate voice commands then say call ***** or text ****** ECT, also fastest way to launch an app that's not pinned to start screen
03-19-2013, 07:34 AM #11
- 75 Posts
I agree that voice dialing is the fastest way, especially when using Bluetooth.
One thing that bother me is you say you're tapping Phone. Wouldn't it be faster to use the People Hub? Tap People Hub, tap # and then the first letter of the person's name, then the person shown? That's what the People Hub is for, among other things.
The only time I tap Phone is to dial from history or to manually dial a number.
- 01-27-2014, 02:00 PM #13
There is an app in the Windows Phone Store called "Tiles." This app will allow you to create custom tiles on your home screen. One of the types of tiles you can create is a live tile to call a specific number. You can even add a picture of the person you want to call as the tile background and then assign the phone number to it. One tap on this live tile will call the number. Hope this helps.
- By Adiliyo in forum Samsung FocusReplies: 7Last Post: 02-11-2013, 03:00 PM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 18Last Post: 05-31-2011, 09:03 AM
- By unity04 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 05-29-2011, 09:58 PM
- By kaw203 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 03-05-2011, 02:34 PM
- By ptb6744#wp in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 11Last Post: 12-04-2010, 08:48 PM