- 03-09-2013, 10:01 PM #1
I noticed the official twitter app that I have wasn't giving me push notifications anymore. Other apps like Facebook still are. I went in to the twitter app settings at it says that I have too many apps using push notifications and to reduce that amount to get notifications from twitter. That seems like a pretty stupid rule. Does anyone know if that is twitter specific? I'm guessing so since other apps are still working for me, but just wanted some feedback
- 03-10-2013, 01:15 AM #2
Im getting this to on my 620. I have hardly any apps using push (to my knowledge). Ive tried turning off push for my other twitter client, but that didnt help, but I could then reinstate push for that app again. I think its a bug. Its annoying as the last update really brought it up to speed.
On a side note why can you not delete dm's in windows twitter?
And if you do delete on dm's another system it does not sync that change, unless you sign out and in again on your windows phone - which is a proper pain.
- 03-10-2013, 09:12 AM #4
The limit is set by phone manufacturer. Each phone has slight different limit. The idea is to limit the battery consumption by limit number of apps that can run on background. Lower end phones with lesser memory tend to have lower limit.
- 03-10-2013, 10:14 PM #5
I did some research and saw that WP7 has/had a 15 app limit on notifications? maybe WP8 is similar? either way, it's disappointing if there is a limit. hopefully they look at this in a future update
- By CrazyWP8 in forum Nokia Lumia 620Replies: 12Last Post: 02-07-2013, 11:00 AM
- By jctang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
- By Dirty Harry in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 08-16-2011, 06:33 PM
- By plmiller0905 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 07-01-2011, 01:00 AM
- By seevuplay#wp in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 0Last Post: 04-03-2011, 08:23 AM