- 03-09-2013, 07:24 AM #1
So... listening to music on Windows Phone 8 for me has been a bad experience.
I have a Nokia Lumia 920 and the Nokia Music app and though it's great for streaming music it's actually a dreadful app for listening to music locally. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find any good alternatives.
Stuff that's really bugging me:
- Nokia Music can't deal with multi-disc albums correctly, it just ignores that ID3-Tag so you have 5 consecutive number 1 numbers from 5 different discs.
- Nokia Music can't deal with multi-artist albums correctly, even when marked as a 'compilation', you need to use a playlist to do that.
- Because of the multi-artist thing the albums view gets littered with multiple 'copies' of the same album since it's using the artist tag to break up identically named albums.
- It tries to push its streaming stuff which results in it being not so effortless to access your local music.
- You can't seek.
On the bright side the UI of the app is visually pleasing.
There's a few things that come up in the Store when you search for music player but those apps have either a terrible UI, lack most features or need you to use their streaming music service.
- Music / Music Pro and Music Player (in the different colours) have a terrible interface
- Music_player hasn't got much of an interface
- Music Player has a similar issue to Music_player, it's just a list of songs
- Advanced music seems to only do shuffle through a songlist
- Music Player, seems to satisfy most requirements but just crashes / doesn't play audio.
- Random Music Player only does random.
I'm basically looking for Windows Media Player here, something that can function as a decent Music Library manager on the phone and is a capable audio player. Does anyone know of such an app, or know if such an app is in development?
03-09-2013, 09:41 AM #2
- 215 Posts
you could also use the normal windows phone one instead of the nokia app, but it isn't perfect either. Someone on XDA is currently working on an improved player, it's still in beta and currently he only focusses on functions and not on interface, but maybe it'll be a better one when it's finished.
- 03-09-2013, 05:40 PM #5
What happens with compilation albums? They work fine on my WP7 device using Music+Videos. I'd advise you to try out Music+Videos with the setting to connect to Xbox Music turned off, and use Nokia Music for streaming only.
- By jdd77 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 88Last Post: 01-23-2012, 09:08 AM
- By jdd77 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 10-15-2011, 08:37 PM
- By TheMusicJunkie in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 07-08-2011, 04:52 PM
- By Clumsy Clod in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 2Last Post: 01-10-2011, 04:39 AM