03-08-2013, 07:29 PM #1
- 1 Posts
Our house is oddly shaped with a bunch of interference-causing appliances in the perfectly wrong spots, so we basically have two different WiFi networks, located on near-opposite ends of the house.
My phone (Lumia 920) has a penchant for connecting to the weaker signaled network upon wake (connects, gets weak signal, but not enough signal to do anything). I literally think it connects to the weaker option every single time. And the way our house is set up, 90% of the time you'll be in an area where you'll only get a usable signal from one of the wifi networks. So when it connects to that weaker network, it's unusable. Nullifying the 3G/4G at the same time is an added bonus.
Is there a way I can change the phone wifi's priorities, so that it better prioritizes signal strength among remembered networks? Or, at least, is there a way I can more quickly monitor and change which network I am connected to?
Last edited by seenable; 03-08-2013 at 07:39 PM.
- 03-08-2013, 08:44 PM #5
1. Use a repeater.
2. Configure both APs with the same SSID, but on different channels.
3. Use an app like Toggle or Quick Settings to create a shortcut to WiFi settings and then toggle between them manually.Yes, I'm on Twitter.
03-09-2013, 07:31 AM #6
- 444 Posts
In more advanced devices, like windows laptops, you can set the crossover to be automatic or manual depending on your preference. All the windows phones do this automatically in my house it seems.
03-09-2013, 07:42 AM #7
- 315 Posts
03-09-2013, 11:44 AM #8
- 444 Posts
Hotspot passthrough works only if both wireless access points share the same SSID, password, and encryption type. I have no issues with it automatically choosing the best one to use. I'm in a triplex apartment and I can even get full signal in the basement apartment (I'm top floor), and full signal in the detached garage. Walking from one side to the other, the WiFi passthrough is automatic and invisible to me.
- By Writetomichael in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 15Last Post: 03-30-2013, 08:02 AM
- By index1366 in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 0Last Post: 05-01-2012, 05:55 AM
- By dkshao in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 5Last Post: 01-06-2012, 01:50 PM
- By sos710m in forum HTC HD 7 / 7sReplies: 31Last Post: 12-12-2011, 11:05 AM
- By neiltc13 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 05-21-2011, 10:25 AM