Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the image quality of my "Me" tile good. As when I change my image it reverts to a very badly compressed version of the image after a short while.

I think I saw an article on how to do this not so long ago but I skipped over it and I'm now unable to find it! Typical, right!

Thanks!

Hi, you have to upload the photo in Facebook, dont mark, Windows Live.
    Quote Originally Posted by qsr786 View Post
    Hi, you have to upload the photo in Facebook, dont mark, Windows Live.
    Doesn't change anything!
    I've contacted Zune support with a video and they've acknowledged the glitch. They've suggested in next OS iteration it will likely be addressed.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    My Me Tile image matches the quality of the FB image. Then again... my FB profile picture is... (apologies for the lack of quality, I was strumming like a madman on Guitar Hero when it was taken). However it hasn't affected images with much better quality than this either... and I have WL, FB, Twitter, LI, all attached.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I have noticed this with skype too microsofts profile images suck apparently all grainy,
    just dont use one attached to your microsoft account, use your facebook one

Lumia 920
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    My Me Tile image matches the quality of the FB image. Then again... my FB profile picture is... (apologies for the lack of quality, I was strumming like a madman on Guitar Hero when it was taken). However it hasn't affected images with much better quality than this either... and I have WL, FB, Twitter, LI, all attached.

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...75827417_n.jpg
    It cannot be true at all! Either you take all your pics while "in motion" or you just don't see pixels as nicely! :P

I have done thousands of combo, local pics, uploaded, fresh new ones, one account, all accounts, only a couple - nothing has stopped my ME tile blurring a perfectly cool picture like a boss.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

You have to update your profile picture thru the me tile app and not thru Facebook its self

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purefire21 View Post
    You have to update your profile picture thru the me tile app and not thru Facebook its self
    I do this yet it still turns out looking terrible. Yet the other people I pin look fine.

Maybe you're not as beautiful as you think ;)
    Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Was waiting for that! Aha, I'm definitely not a Brad Pitt but I know a poorly compressed image when I see one!

Also...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tafsern View Post
    your
    >.<

Fixed that for you :)
    Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

I have this same problem. Even went online to outlook.com and updated that pic and then the old bad pic comes back again. Also tried updating the Facebook pic on both Facebook and through the me tile and it lasts for a little while and turns crappy again. Looks even worse now on my 920 because of the better screen.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Mine looks fine.
    same problem was with me, but I updated my "Me" only on facebook and now it is ok, so don't update your pic to all, uncheck all other option.... I am sure it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jealy666 View Post
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to keep the image quality of my "Me" tile good. As when I change my image it reverts to a very badly compressed version of the image after a short while.

I think I saw an article on how to do this not so long ago but I skipped over it and I'm now unable to find it! Typical, right!

Thanks!

Same when I add a contact to the homescreen, low quality

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 610 using Tapatalk