So I got an 8x last night and was happily purchasing apps to set up my phone when Microsoft was like "nah, we don't want your money, thanks anyway". In fact, I was trying to purchase the app for this very forum when I got an error message that my TD bank visa debit card was no longer being accepted. Naturally, I called the bank and they said there was no problems on their end, plus they made sure to note my account that I would be making a lot of new purchases from Microsoft.

So, I took the next step of advice from the error message and tried to delete and re-enter the info of my card on windowsphone.com, boy was that stupid. I chatted with MS customer support and Osama (no joke there) tried it to enter it on his end and said their system wouldn't accept the card. So he had his supervisor call me, yeah I thought like the rest of the US that Osama was numero uno in the operation (OK that was a joke :p), to tell me that I "confused" their system by trying to add a card that I just deleted. Lesson learned there, stick to fortune cookies for advice; not error messages. He said I'd have to wait at least 72 hours to try to enter the card again, my only one btw, so now I can't buy anything on the Windows Store until then.

Heck, I can't even post on this forum with my phone until then because for some reason the keyboard won't stay up when I try to type in these text boxes on IE10. Anyone else ever had such a hard time trying to give a company their money?

I can't purchase apps on my phone, I have to use the website. Every time I try on my phone, It just takes my money, then errors, and says that I haven't purchased the app. Zune support were great every time that happened, refunding me really fast and everything.

Hey, they're the geniuses. I sure would never have thought of punishing newcomers to the OS as a way to expand the ecosystem. Some out-of-the-box thinking right there.

Look, Microsoft's support is a great experience to use. They're fast and try to help the best they can.

I know, I dealt with them this morning. It doesn't matter how fast you are if you can't do anything but say sorry. The customer support has as much control over their payment system as we do, so what's the point?

Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    I didn't purchase a single app on my WP , only downloaded free apps.

On iTunes , I would enter credit card info and make purchases and delete info right after app downloads start(so that nobody using iPad , accidentally purchase something)

I wish WP store gave option, , to delete credit card info and add it anytime we wish.

Global Posts
    1,485 Global Posts
    I don't know if its smart or stupid but I have my PayPal account set up in my phone and use that to purchase stuff. Never had a problem, cross my fingers.

Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jm1219 View Post
    So I got an 8x last night and was happily purchasing apps to set up my phone when Microsoft was like "nah, we don't want your money, thanks anyway". In fact, I was trying to purchase the app for this very forum when I got an error message that my TD bank visa debit card was no longer being accepted. Naturally, I called the bank and they said there was no problems on their end, plus they made sure to note my account that I would be making a lot of new purchases from Microsoft.

So, I took the next step of advice from the error message and tried to delete and re-enter the info of my card on windowsphone.com, boy was that stupid. I chatted with MS customer support and Osama (no joke there) tried it to enter it on his end and said their system wouldn't accept the card. So he had his supervisor call me, yeah I thought like the rest of the US that Osama was numero uno in the operation (OK that was a joke :p), to tell me that I "confused" their system by trying to add a card that I just deleted. Lesson learned there, stick to fortune cookies for advice; not error messages. He said I'd have to wait at least 72 hours to try to enter the card again, my only one btw, so now I can't buy anything on the Windows Store until then.

Heck, I can't even post on this forum with my phone until then because for some reason the keyboard won't stay up when I try to type in these text boxes on IE10. Anyone else ever had such a hard time trying to give a company their money?
    Even worse is the fact that TDAmeritrade won't develop a trading app for this platform...changing trading platforms is a pain and costs money to move everything over; also, I prefer WP8 right now...so screw them, for now :) I email them every two months or so to see if they have decided to make all of their customers happy; so far, they have not.

I haven't had a single problem buying apps, and I have bought 5-6 of them....downloaded instantly
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Developer

Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    No problem here either, but I'm from the US so that's understandable.

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm in Canada and have never, ever had a problem buying apps. Used my visa (also TD btw) and then switched to PayPal... And on that note, try PayPal.

Never had any problem with purchasing too :-/ bought about 15+ apps and games without issues.

I just don't understand why billing goes to the carrier instead of Microsoft. They already have my credit card # associated with the hotmail account I registered with.

Quote Originally Posted by rhodri22 View Post
    Look, Microsoft's support is a great experience to use. They're fast and try to help the best they can.
    Tell me who to talk to because I have yet to find any place to email an error with an Xbox Video rental. The download skipped, shuddered and froze like it was a scratched disc. Did all the usual, redownload, delete cache, video location file, redownloaded again. Same thing, forum no help, chat just hangs, I don't have time to keep trying failed methods but I want my money back.

Sorry to derail, I had the same issue. It is a card processor issue had to use a different card.

Global Posts
    1,623 Global Posts
    I think its cause youre using a TD debit visa. debit visa cards sometimes work or sometimes dont on different online systems. switch to paypal (debit) or just use a visa (credit card)
    I've had no problems, have purchased several apps.
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay Chandra View Post
    I didn't purchase a single app on my WP , only downloaded free apps.

On iTunes , I would enter credit card info and make purchases and delete info right after app downloads start(so that nobody using iPad , accidentally purchase something)

I wish WP store gave option, , to delete credit card info and add it anytime we wish.
    WP gives you wallet. You can lock your wallet with a PIN. So everytime someone tries to make a purchase, they need to know PIN to your wallet BEFORE they can confirm the purchase.

I wish your iTunes gave you that capability back in the day so that you don't add/delete cards as its so primitive and time consuming method.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    I just don't understand why billing goes to the carrier instead of Microsoft. They already have my credit card # associated with the hotmail account I registered with.
    You have a choice to tap on your carrier billing and swap it for the card. I think Microsoft encourages carrier billing as that way their system doesn't have to deal with customers who have unsupported cards or no cards at all. You can still get it added on your carrier bills and get what you want. I find it convenient as I am never sure if my bank account has money when I buy 5-6 games on a single day!
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KingCrimson View Post
    Well.. depending on the country where you live. In here, people are very concerned about the security using credit card through phone. Therefore, like me, I prefer using carrier billing. Beside, it is much more convenient, I don't need to have a credit card in order to buy apps. But sadly, none of the provider in here support the carrier billing yet for Windows Store. Only for the Blackberry App World.

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I'm using bing rewards, after few days using bing I received $5 dlls to redeem on Microsoft, could be used for xbox, hulu, redbox, starbucks, amazon, Skype, and windows Apps ...I went directly to the apps!
    Bing - Rewards

I added my card again, was able to buy a few apps and now it isn't working again. Wish I could support these developers.
    Never had a problem here. It's not a widespread issue as it would've been reported on the front page by now.