Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1.    #1  
    Ive downloaded a file and it seems to have disappeared into a black hole.

Where is it? how van I get to it? how can I cave it to my pc? how can I delete it? how can I view it again?

I need to say that I own all the files on my phone, not the app, not the phone, I own them and I should be able to see them and get to them again.

If I take a photo it can be copied to my pc when I plug my phone into the pc.

So should all files I have downloaded to the phone.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    What type of file?
  3.    #3  
    zip
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Download archived, it stores most archive files (Zip,rar,7z) in one place.
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Archiver*
  6.    #6  
    does that mean I need to download a different app for every possible file type?
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Yes, sadly.
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    FILE TYPES / APP
    Archiver (Winzip,Zip,Rar,etc)
    PDF Reader (PDF)
    EPUB Reader (EPUB)
    Office 2013 (Preinstalled, DOCX/TXT)
    .. Adding more as I find them

why would you want to download a file to the phone?
  10.    #10  
    Because its portable and im away all the time and i come across someting that i want to download at any time.
    Why does it matter why i want to download files. It is my device i should be able to download anyathing at any time.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    That's how every smartphone works. You can't open media files in docs to go on an iPhone. You can't open word files in google play books with a Nexus 7. When you transfer a file to a WP device you open it in the appropriate app. Why is this a problem?
    Banned

Global Posts
    839 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmanzo View Post
    That's how every smartphone works. You can't open media files in docs to go on an iPhone. You can't open word files in google play books with a Nexus 7. When you transfer a file to a WP device you open it in the appropriate app. Why is this a problem?

well, yes and no. some phone operating systems allow viewing file locations and directories. windows phone currently does not. if you prefer to see where your files are, and/or organize them in a particular way on your phone, it is not possible currently, on windows phone. there are quite a few threads about file management already, the debate about pro vs con and supposed security problems are covered.

the OP's question was "Where are my files?" but the thread answered a different question: "What do I use to open each individual file?".

Global Posts
    1,267 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michael walmsley View Post
    Why does it matter why i want to download files. It is my device i should be able to download anyathing at any time.
    Well as long as the OS supports what you want to do. If it doesn't, then you need to consider switching to a platform that lets you do what you want to do.

If its a media file, use GetThemAll. You can directly download pics, bids and tunes to its local storage, then use their client to upload to your PC over local WiFi.

UCBrower lets you download ANY file, then upload it to SkyDrive. Pull it down when you get home. I've pulled drivers, ROMs, whatever using this. Can't open on device, but don't need to..

Both of these apps store the stuff in their local storage which you can see in their "downloads" section. At least until you upload at home and delete em back out..

Hope this helps..
    From the CO and my 8X