- 03-08-2013, 08:25 AM #3
I'm not asking about flashing the phone to do an upgrade (where you end up losing your apps and data). I'm asking about when you do a proper in-place upgrade that preserves all your apps and data (i.e. an official way).
I was able to update my Lumia 710 after connecting it to Zune Desktop, but the Windows Phone client (on Windows 8 Pro) doesn't seem to offer any such options. That and expecting a cell phone to download 1.4 gigs over WiFi for an update sounds like it shouldn't be the only option (even iTunes downloads it for you).
03-09-2013, 04:23 PM #4
- 96 Posts
i'm pretty sure the only way to update is OTA.
- By GarethBaleIsEffingAwesome in forum Software Development and HackingReplies: 1Last Post: 05-09-2013, 04:51 PM
- By GarethBaleIsEffingAwesome in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 12-08-2012, 10:40 AM
- By cp2_4eva in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 44Last Post: 08-22-2012, 10:12 PM
- By speedtouch in forum Nokia Lumia 710Replies: 18Last Post: 03-26-2012, 08:55 PM
- By Louie5552 in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 30Last Post: 01-17-2012, 08:55 PM