- 02-26-2013, 10:18 PM #1
I've just got my Windows Phone 8 and logged in with my Microsoft Account, which has my Xbox Live account. And my question is, my local Windows Store (Brazil) has really few apps and games available. I want to buy Sonic CD and Civilization Revolution, but neither of them are available at the Brazilian Windows Store. If I change my region in the Settings hub to US and restart my phone, am I going to be able to use the US store without any problems? I have an international credit card, and even PayPal.
Thank you so much! Have a nice day.
02-27-2013, 08:24 AM #4
- 1 Posts
it's not that simple. the u.s marketplace and buying apps in u.s marketplace require you to have u.s live account registered to your phone, and you credit card to support international purchase. simply put, if you already registered brazil as your region, you can't buy app from u.s store (not sure about free download are affected or not)even after change your in phone setting to u.s. you can change you live account region by following these steps:
1. login to xbox.com using your windows live account
2. click 'My Account' which will show you your account detail.
3. click 'Change Xbox account region' which located near the bottom-right corner of your screen
4. fill in the detail, you can use your true identity and info, the only thing matter is the postcode. you need to fill in real u.s postcode.
5. the rest of it, just follow the instruction.
hope this helps
- 02-27-2013, 05:01 PM #7
Even if I use PayPal as the payment method? I didn't want to change my region on Xbox Live, I thought I could just change my region on Windows Phone 8, because Nokia and Microsoft announced last year that we wouldn't have this regional restrictions.
- 02-28-2013, 06:02 AM #9
- 03-01-2013, 03:16 AM #13
If you have a UAE credit card you cant purchase apps using a USA marketplace. Because when it asks you to enter CC details the country US will be hard coded. It may work if you use a fake USA address, but I think that's a dodgy practice.
- By Marcos Morais in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2013, 07:51 AM
- By Laura Knotek in forum WPCentral.com - Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 9Last Post: 01-29-2013, 07:45 AM
- By mattyu007 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 09-21-2011, 10:58 PM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 20Last Post: 08-17-2011, 12:23 AM
- By Winterfang in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 25Last Post: 05-20-2011, 05:37 PM