02-26-2013, 01:27 PM #1
- 16 Posts
By now Iʻm sure some of you have seen Mastercard announced that their new Masterpass system would come as an app on all systems, this included NFC payments, check-in payments, QR code payments, etc.
MasterPass™ by MasterCard®
Any hope for WP8 or another statement about every system meaning android & iOS?
This definitely would be usefull in my city where every card swipe machine has nfc plate, but noone has nfc cards or phone apps.
02-26-2013, 01:38 PM #2
- 187 Posts
I haven't heard of this MasterPass and am not entirely clear on how it works, but the holdup for NFC payments in general is that Windows Phones needs a secure sim. MasterCard could release an app, but it still wouldn't work with NFC and that's really what we want, isn't it? So it's up to the operators to get those secure sims out there first.
03-02-2013, 11:42 AM #3
- 16 Posts
I think the secure SIM story has very much been successful on the part of carriers, but is not true as many banks in Europe use other methods of secure NFC payment. A Google Nexus S uses an imbedded secure element as an example. Nokia and a partner could easily deploy their own solution as MasterCard claims to be doing.
- By TheWeeBear in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 3Last Post: 01-31-2012, 02:03 PM
- By GazooAz in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 01-25-2012, 06:18 AM
- By erike3198 in forum Samsung Focus S 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 11-08-2011, 10:42 AM
- By 1jaxstate1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 3Last Post: 10-13-2011, 03:40 PM
- By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 04-05-2011, 08:50 AM