Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    In my L920 settings, there is a "add internet apn" button under Cellular (US English) or Mobile networks (when set to UK English)

This seems disconnected from the 'Access point' APN management options under settings which seem to allow adding and managing of different APNs

1) What is the difference between the two?
    2) Is 'Access point' under settings a WP8 default category or something Nokia adds/customises?
    3) Is the "add internet apn" button under Cellular/Mobile default or also added by Nokia? (how stupid is it to change the name of a setting with language :S, just keep it Mobile Network!)

Thanks

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts
    Good question! I can't work out its use either.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    You guys have a setting called access point? I don't think I have that, I've always went to cellular to change my APN.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013

Global Posts
    1,046 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1z View Post
    You guys have a setting called access point? I don't think I have that, I've always went to cellular to change my APN.
    Do you have a Lumia? If so have you updated to the latest Nokia system apps? You can udate to the latest apps by visiting Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions

Quote Originally Posted by alpinestars1z View Post
    I think Access Point is only found on the Nokia devices.

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelGummage View Post
    Do you have a Lumia? If so have you updated to the latest Nokia system apps? You can udate to the latest apps by visiting Nokia Windows Phone 8 App Updates - Nokia Support Discussions
    Oh, you have to install it. I don't have it installed, I just always changed my APN in the cellular menu.

I guess then the difference between the two is cellular/mobile network is by Microsoft and is built in to WP. It of course only allows one APN while the access point setting allows you to manage several and switch between those APNs. I believe access point was designed for those who have multiple SIMs and switch between them often enough that manually typing in APN settings each time would become tedious.

I believe access point is something Nokia added on and isn't included by default (at least for me it wasn't, I have a locked AT&T device).

Add internet APN under cellular/mobile is by Microsoft.
    Phone History (hopefully in order): Samsung SGH-D407 > AT&T (HTC) Tilt > Sony Ericsson W580 > Blackberry Curve 8900 > Sony Ericsson C901 > HTC Touch Pro 2 > Blackberry 9700 > iPhone 3GS > Motorola Defy > Blackberry 9650 > iPhone 4 > Nokia E71 > Dell Venue Pro > HTC Titan > HTC Titan II > Lumia 900 + Samsung Galaxy Exhibit > Nokia Lumia 920 + Nokia Lumia 521 + Motorola RAZR V3xx
    Last updated: 05/13/2013
    Thanked by:
    ah06