Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ListenUpGuys

Excuse the direct title, but topics are often introduced in an agree/disagree fashion.

So my complaint with the new Bing Vision is in the text recognition. On my Omnia 7, I can point at text such as Chinese or Russian and it is recognised as text and you can translate it in place.

On my Lumia 620, not even European languages are recognised if they have any extra squiggles. No matter how clear the text is, it is ignored. English is recognised fine, but that's not very useful to me.

This seemed like a good place to write this down. It's one of many downgrades I've uncovered in WP8. I forget some of the others but I think I posted it already.

In the meantime, does anyone know an app which can do what Bing Vision used to do?

Cheers
    Thanked by:
    Ebuka Allison likes this.

Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    isn't the translation done by Bing Translate ? The app or the Camera Lens ?
    I'm new to Windows Phone , but last week I translated a Chinese text via Bing Translate , I just opened Bing Translate , Choose Via Camera & pointed the camera towards the text ! It showed me the translation over it !
    Just question. The text, that you tried translate, was it on monitor screen or paper? WP8 is worse then WP7, when reading from monitor screen. Here is some info about that: Point and Call, a dialing alternative for Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central

Global Posts
    1,014 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDree View Post
    isn't the translation done by Bing Translate ? The app or the Camera Lens ?
    I'm new to Windows Phone , but last week I translated a Chinese text via Bing Translate , I just opened Bing Translate , Choose Via Camera & pointed the camera towards the text ! It showed me the translation over it !
    On WP8, it is integrated into the Bing. It doesn't require Bing Translate app or camera lens.