- 02-20-2013, 07:53 AM #1
Starting on Feb. 19, 2013 my verizon HTC 8x which is tied to my live.com account will no longer send text messages, cannot sync my email, people hub crashes when selecting a person, and several other things. I was wondering if anyone else is suffering from the same thing and whether or not this could be tied to Microsoft merging the msn/live account to Outlook.com? Also, was wondering if anyone has advice on what I should do? I wonder if the Portico update maybe handles this situation, but I have not received the update on my Verizon HTC 8X.
- 02-20-2013, 08:47 AM #2
It would not be the merge, since as you said it is affecting your texting ability and that has NOTHING to do with the Live account.
Have you restarted the phone lately? I'd give it a soft reset (hold volume down + power) and see if that helps. It is for sure a software issue specific to your phone since the issue crosses over so many features.
- 02-20-2013, 09:29 AM #3
The reason that I think it is tied to my live.com account and Microsoft merging to Outlook.com is because everything else works. My peoples hub still syncs with facebook and twitter, my other email accounts still work, and my live tiles still work. Only things that are tied to my live.com account are what seem to be broken and that just seems very odd that this is the first time it has ever occurred which also happens to be the same day the merge to Outlook.com took place.
- By Phil100 in forum HTC 8SReplies: 1Last Post: 02-24-2013, 04:30 PM
- By kbob_o in forum Windows Phone GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 10-02-2012, 01:08 PM
- By thinkdan in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-22-2012, 01:11 PM
- By gekkoace in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 1Last Post: 10-12-2011, 08:36 PM
- By gsquared in forum ZuneReplies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2011, 03:22 PM