- 02-18-2013, 10:16 PM #26
The biggest problem with the Skydrive, it uploads downsized photos to the cloud and your synced photos are worthless. Google+ for Android, iCloud ,Dropbox and even Flickr for HTC phones and Shugarsync for Blackberry upload full images. There is no advantage there at all, au contraire.
Edit: Found solution deep in photo settings.
Last edited by darkoman4; 02-18-2013 at 11:55 PM.
02-18-2013, 10:35 PM #27
- 284 Posts
How about the benefit to not need an anti-virus protection? Or the benefit to not need to defragment? Windows phone for me is the choice because it offers enough customizability for my liking and I don't need to worry about my stuff being hacked or bits of files being thrown everywhere. Yes android has more apps but windows has more everyday stuff built into the os. But in the end it comes down to your personal preference. Yes listen to people but don't make your decision based on other people. Take it all in to account when you go and play around with the phones yourself.
- 02-18-2013, 11:29 PM #28
I'm also going to add these points to the sticky, but here are some positives that have been making me consider WP8 more strongly recently:
- As has been mentioned a million times, the UI is very fast and fluid. I think it ties with iOS for 1st place in this regard.
- text selection for copy/paste is WAY easier than Android and BB10. Can't speak for iOS, I don't do Apple. I copy/paste text a LOT on my phones. This isn't an eye popping wow factor feature, but sometimes the boring little details can become pretty important.
- Sharing on WP8 is only rivalled by Android. Both offer you a list of all installed apps. Nobody else does this
- The UI is highly polished even once you go deeper into it. Some OS's only look good on the homescreens but then get messy further into different areas of the phone like contacts, dialer, settings etc. WP8 did a great job with Look and Feel inside the UI and not just on the homescreen.
- I'm not a big fan of "openness" as I used to be. Back in the 90's when MS had this rep as a big evil giant monopoly the openness movement had more merit. Nowadays computing is simply just more secure on MS and Apple walled gardens. You'll be extremely hard pressed to find larger companies saying they're comfy with you hooking your Android Phone up to the network ;)
- 02-18-2013, 11:34 PM #29
- 02-19-2013, 04:14 AM #31I close threads to save cats.
The way not everyone can have their own loaf of bread, not everyone should create a new thread!
...and then God said, let there be a search button and there was a huge one on top!
02-19-2013, 07:26 AM #32
- 284 Posts
- 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM #34
- By rashedalam in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 11-05-2012, 02:47 PM
- By jadoocian in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 7Last Post: 10-01-2011, 11:04 AM
- By kenshinesca in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 9Last Post: 07-08-2011, 07:58 PM
- By SEKKDS in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 11Last Post: 05-20-2011, 07:56 PM
- By Canesfan625 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 24Last Post: 04-30-2011, 08:04 PM