- 02-17-2013, 02:31 AM #1
Windows phone 8 app development requirments state as below.
"Developing Windows Phone 8 apps requires you to be running Windows Phone 8 on your development PC. If your PC is running Windows Vista or Windows 7, you should consider developing a Windows Phone 7 app."
I think it is pretty stupid requirement and would keep off many developers since windows 8 is not that much established and we have to agree WP8 is not that much hot choice for app developers that developers would want to switch to windows 8 just to start developing apps for WP8.
What do you guys think?
02-17-2013, 03:40 AM #3
- 28 Posts
Not just that, but it needs to be 64 bit.
I upgraded my 7 year old laptop to Win8 (on a side note, it's never run faster, so this was a good move), only to find when trying to install the sdk, it said only 64bit machines can run it.
As I'm making apps for work, work are now getting me a win8 machine, but that means I'll now have to carry a MacBook for iOS, a Win8 notebook for WP8 and an XP notebook for access to corporate systems. I'll have to ditch the laptop bag for a trailer!
I can't even get Win8 to work on the Mac, as boot camp doesn't support it.
- 02-17-2013, 03:49 AM #4
Agreed, the requirements are too rigid, I'm sure it has held back many developers especially independent developers who have the ideas but then would prefer to develop for android or ios because of the ease itself. It sadly is not helping the windows phone ecosystem
- 02-17-2013, 03:52 AM #5
- By Emad-Hawlery in forum Developers CornerReplies: 4Last Post: 03-13-2013, 08:39 AM
- By FoscoSoft in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 2Last Post: 04-12-2012, 01:10 PM
- By TheWeeBear in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 11-25-2011, 02:57 AM
- By ashishvshenoy in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 0Last Post: 11-09-2011, 11:46 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 06-03-2011, 12:39 PM