Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Skype video messaging coming today to Android and iOS

this is kind of disappointing. MS is bringing this to other platforms while delaying it for their own platform. makes one wonder where their loyalties lie.

Global Posts
    1,725 Global Posts
    Their loyalties lie with their largest user base, which is Android and iOS. It's the right business decision.
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    Their loyalties lie with their largest user base, which is Android and iOS. It's the right business decision.
    No, it's utter incompetence. Microsoft is a large enough organization to update the apps for all the platforms at the same time
    Thanked by:
    naw1 

Global Posts
    2,662 Global Posts
    Its not on Windows either and that is undoubtedly the biggest userbase they have and regardless of userbase WP is a Microsoft property along with Skype so one really has to question what they were thinking. Microsoft is displaying a tremendous lack of leadership and it doesnt bode well for adoption of their services when their own divisions wont support them.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ammarmalik2011 View Post
    No, it's utter incompetence. Microsoft is a large enough organization to update the apps for all the platforms at the same time
    this was my thinking also, they should have been able to roll this out for windows phone at the same time of ios and android. you should never leave your own platform behind. it shows you're not all in on the very thing you made. why should others be all in?

MS better do a 180 this year or I'm done. I'll go back to Android if they don't get their act together. And clearly, I will have everything WP8 has and a ton more.

unless, they integrated it into the update/OS? thats why we wont be seeing a stand alone app, because WP wont need one?

STILL. facking disappointing, and bad press.
    Quote Originally Posted by naw1 View Post
    unless, they integrated it into the update/OS? thats why we wont be seeing a stand alone app, because WP wont need one?
    Source?
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naw1 View Post

STILL. facking disappointing, and bad press.
    i could see it added to an update maybe, but still, ios and android has it before wp8. and also, wp8 still has a skype app.

MS knows we're not leaving anytime soon, plus there isn't competition on the Windows platforms for Skype. Sad but true
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Source?
    I'm sick of this 'integration with the OS' bullls***. We've been fed this crap since the end of 2011. It ain't gonna happen. Whoever they have developing the app for WP8 is just not good enough to pull off whatever they're trying to. They did integration, and they broke the entire OS. Just stop with the integration FGS and make a decent standalone app. Jesus!
    Quote Originally Posted by tk-093 View Post
    their loyalties lie with their largest user base, which is android and ios. It's the right business decision.
    that.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.

Quote Originally Posted by Letros View Post
    MS knows we're not leaving anytime soon, plus there isn't competition on the Windows platforms for Skype. Sad but true
    Well you don't speak for everyone. If MS doesn't heavily improve WP8 this year and stop giving other platforms things first, I for one will leave with little regret. And why not? We can have everything this OS has and plenty more on other platforms. I can still use MS apps on other platforms, plus get updates first, plus everything else those platforms have that WP doesn't, which there are many.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,184 Global Posts