Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rockstarzzz
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Why can't I receive calls in the background? This is a must have app for me, VERY annoying.

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    While I have always found a small delay from my desktop, I have always received Skype calls on my phone. Not sure what your issue is. Is it installed? Is your phone turned on? Are you logged in to Skype?

Not trying to be nasty with the questions, its just "Why can't I receive calls in the background" isn't much to go on.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindowsPhone8User View Post
    Why can't I receive calls in the background? This is a must have app for me, VERY annoying.
    Because IT IS A BETA! It can even make your phone explode and that is completely acceptable because it is a BETA. Bad performance of a BETA app should not annoy anyone, not even Chuck Norris.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    iamtim likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    It was happening for me, I could receive Skype calls on my desktop but not on my phone.Please uninstall and reinstall your Skype on the phone, You will receive your Skype calls on both the devices.

I have to uninstall and reinstall when the toast notifications stop working. Which btw, one way to make it stop working is to use the volume button + power button reset.

Update, now my skype notifications are not working again :( and uninstall/reinstall is not fixing it this time :(
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Uninstaled/reinstalled, nothing changed

Global Posts
    491 Global Posts
    Not getting notifications for the last few days on Skype either, same goes for WeChat and Viber Messenger. Having to open the app to get them. Was not happening before...

The app is trash, I'm tired of having to reinstall it to get Toasts to work.

Skype doesn't work in background for WP 7.5 devices... It is working fine for me on my Lumia 920... yes there is a lag but still I receive the call and it certainly does have many bugs :P
    Banned

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Im On portico, lazy

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    If it's a notification issue you could try un-pinning and re-pinning the app. It may work on WP7.8 devices.