- 02-11-2013, 05:19 AM #1
So I've actually tried searching if anybody else has this problem, but can't find it.
Today I've added a new contact to my phone(on the outlook.com account I have). He actually has Whatsapp, but Whatsapp does not recognize the contact, so I can't start a conversation with him. Anybody else experiencing this? It's a bit silly :P.
- 02-11-2013, 10:17 PM #2
Did you tried to tap the "tap here to update" in WhatsApp settings?
It should update its contacts automatically but I've always used that settings when adding a new contact that I want to chat with.
Another thing that may be preventing WhatsApp from showing your contact is the phone number, double check it. Also, have you actually tried to chat with it from within the app? It should offer you to send him a SMS (like an invitation) to WhatsApp. If this is the case, perhaps the phone number is wrong. If you can't see that contact even to send a SMS, I don't know what else to do.
- 02-11-2013, 10:34 PM #3
Whatsapp is a bit tricky. Hit the three dots and go into settings. As mentioned above you need to "tap to refresh"
You may go to all, find the contact and click on his name to message him , but his profile opens instead. Right? DOH! Just tap on his number. once he has whatsapp the convo box will open. If he doesn't it will take you to messaging to send him an invite.
- By BrownxGoblin in forum Nokia Lumia 920Replies: 3Last Post: 12-23-2012, 03:07 PM
- By MikeEggleston in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 52Last Post: 05-16-2012, 11:02 AM
- By wsoftvn in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 09-26-2011, 11:06 AM
- By SausageSlice in forum Developer SpotlightReplies: 1Last Post: 08-10-2011, 01:04 PM
- By IamNabil in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 01-02-2011, 04:01 AM