Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By tdb1

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I have a Photos Live Tile on my start screen. I know that the Live Tile is supposed to scroll through favorites. While I have designated a large number of favorites (100+), the Live Tile seems to settle on a small number of them (maybe ten or less?) and cycles repeatedly through those rather than using the entire set of favorites. Are other people experiencing the same thing? Is anybody aware of a limit on the number of favorites that the Live Tile can use? It's not a big issue, but I'd rather it use all my favorites if it can.

I believe it cycles through only 8-9 pictures at a time and it will repeat for a certain amount of time before moving to the next set. Whenever you open up your Photo app and swipe over to the favourite, those are the sets of pictures that are being cycled through.

the order that it cycles through "sets" are random but the images in the sets are defined when you "favourited" them so it's not randomed =/
    Thanked by:
    BBMINItdb1 

Mine does not cycle at all. Just stays on one photo.

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    If you dig, you will find a statement that it will only cycle through 8 (or 9) photos in your Favorites album.

Global Posts
    7,539 Global Posts
    I like it this way, because the pictures are usually related. After a while it goes to a new set of pictures with new, but again related pictures and therefore memories.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I've been watching and it appears WavingReds has it right. I don't mind that approach much, but it seems to stay on the same set of pictures for a long time before picking another set. I wish there was some way to force it to update when I get bored with the current selection.

dainla - make sure you are pinning the Photos App itself to your start screen, rather than trying to pin Favorites directly. If I try to pin Favorites, I have the same issue where it sticks to one picture. If you pin Photos, then it scrolls through your favorites (with the limit noted above). That appears to be a weird glitch with WP8.
    Thanked by:
    dainla 
    Nick_1020 likes this.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts
    This is a bit of an annoyance. It would be great if the live tile shuffled a far larger selection of images.

anything I have save to my favorites and use as the background for the live tile will show up , I don't see a problem.