- 02-04-2013, 12:39 PM #1
I've got our sales force on Windows Phone 7 last year and I've convinced our accountant to get a new Windows Phone 8. Now, our office manager and one other manager are considering a Windows Phone 8. They are currently on an iPhone. Their first question was how to move saved or old texts over to the Windows Phone. Good question because I am not sure.
Second, I assume the best way to get contacts off is to sync with iTunes/Outlook, save the contacts and then go to Outlook.com and import them into the Microsoft Account, correct?
02-04-2013, 01:03 PM #2
- 550 Posts
1) You can't. You can't import texts at all between any OS's. You couldn't even import WP7 to WP8.
2) You would assume correctly. I do not understand why ANYONE would save contacts to their phone anymore. That is just asking for useless repetition. Save the contacts to your email account (like Outlook) and then whenever you sync your Outlook it will automatically pull in all of your contacts no matter what phone you are using.
- 02-04-2013, 01:27 PM #4
- By Wobjoi in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 01-24-2013, 05:53 PM
- By ttsoldier in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2012, 07:02 AM
- By WPLuver in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 136Last Post: 08-05-2012, 12:37 AM
- By myanimator in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 6Last Post: 12-09-2011, 07:19 PM
- By ZombieZakk in forum HTC SurroundReplies: 4Last Post: 12-26-2010, 06:07 PM