Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I have always a lot of to-dos in calendar and I failed to figure out how to make them show up in the native calendar live tile. The live tile shows only the coming event(s) but no to-dos. It's kinda one of the basic tasks a smartphone would be expected to do so before buying the Lumia I'd never questioned this. My Android and Symbian can do this. Maybe I did not do the right configuration. Can anyone help me out please? Thank you!

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Click on the Calender Tile.
    Click the + icon.
    Add your task accordingly.
    If you have multiple calender linked to your MS account select the preferred one.
    Click on More details to add further details like Reminder, Status, Attendees & Notes.

Thanks
    A
    Phones
    Lumia 920 Black - Lumia 820 White - HTC Mozart - Motorola EX119 - LG Optimus 2X - Sony Ericsson W705 - Sony Ericsson W910i - Sony Ericsson W550i - Nokia 3315

Others
    Karbonn Smart Tab - Cowon S9 - Panasonic RP-HJE900 Zirconia - Audio Technica ATH-M50 - HEAD-DIRECT RE-ZERO - Klipsch S4

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abhishekpandey View Post
    Click on the Calender Tile.
    Click the + icon.
    Add your task accordingly.
    If you have multiple calender linked to your MS account select the preferred one.
    Click on More details to add further details like Reminder, Status, Attendees & Notes.

Thanks
    A
    That's an event creation you describe here. A task won't show up on the live tile. I miss that too but only a little since I manage everything via the reminder pop-ups. If I want to know more I quickly open the calendar app and have a look. But that's no excuse that the calendar live tile is far behind what it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by kilaj View Post
    That's an event creation you describe here. A task won't show up on the live tile. I miss that too but only a little since I manage everything via the reminder pop-ups. If I want to know more I quickly open the calendar app and have a look. But that's no excuse that the calendar live tile is far behind what it could be.
    Thanks, kilaj. But what is the "reminder pop-up"? It would be great if I could have a reminder for my tasks!

Global Posts
    1,384 Global Posts
    Personally, I want to-dos to be spun off into a separate app with far richer functionality.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spacejovi View Post
    Thanks, kilaj. But what is the "reminder pop-up"? It would be great if I could have a reminder for my tasks!
    just add a reminder time to the task and it will create a pop-up alert just as for regular calendar events. It will even show up in the calendar at the given time along the other events. That's precisely why I like to have the tasks in the calendar app and not as a separate application.
    Thanked by: