- 02-02-2013, 09:55 PM #1
So, a while ago I posted this mock up of a redesign for the drop down volume controls on Windows Phone. I've now followed it with this: A redesign of how the ringer volume works in Windows Phone.
So the biggest gripe I have with WP's ringer is that there's no way to turn off/on vibrate without going into settings. In my opinion, I feel all ringer options should be easily accessible. So, in this version, tapping on the current ringer setting will cycle through all four options instead of just 2.
Secondly, long pressing on the ringer would bring up a drop down menu where you could quickly get to exactly which setting you wanted.
Comments and criticisms are appreciated!
- 02-03-2013, 06:40 AM #6
Commented over at The Verge, but I think the long tap is necessary. Make it the default action to display the list, it's less confusing than cycling through four options.
I'd be interested in how you'd approach having multiple volume settings - ringer and system, for example.
- 02-04-2013, 01:50 PM #10
- By onedrummer2401 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 12-23-2012, 11:19 PM
- By holzlondon in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 22Last Post: 09-26-2012, 04:09 PM
- By idlelimey in forum Upcoming & Rumored DevicesReplies: 13Last Post: 06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
- By jedakin12 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 01-01-2012, 07:15 PM
- By mmbond in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM