- 02-02-2013, 04:28 PM #1
First off, I had a similar issue according to some other forums which XBOX music would simply replace some info on some of my songs (which wasn't all that terrible). But it annoyed me so what I decided to do was find a different way to sync it. So I deleted all the songs, and synced it using WMP and no luck... No album info at all were showing. Then I said okay, and removed those and just deleted those again. I synced this time my Zune playlist, which has every artist and album properly indicated with those cool Zune artist features showing, and what do you know, no album info at all.... Now I'm left with no artists showing up when I play their songs in the xbox live music tile. And this is for every song, and also all the song album covers dont show as well in the original interface.... Help :/ I tried searching all over the forum but I have no idea what is happening..
- 02-02-2013, 07:00 PM #4
I don't think you are ever going to get it to work exactly right all the time. Somebody may have found a way, but Zune and Xbox don't play well together. I never had Zune so there may be some work around that I'm not aware of. But I haven't read about any completely successful fixes.
Xbox music app in RT and Win8 have all the options to get music cloud synced and meta data matched. It can be time consuming because if data doesn't match you have to manually pick it to get proper info on cloud and to phone. This is limit of phone sync. I had to manually match about 5% of my library on PC. Once your library is matched properly on PC, you can sync back and forth with no duplicates, missing or otherwise screwed up albums and phone will have Xbox music info. I think this is the only way MS planned for it to work right. They really need a web portal for WIN7 that can accomplish this but I haven't heard of one or any other options. Just a lot of frustration. I may have read about someone correcting all their meta manually somewhere?!?! With win8 app all cloud syncing can be accomplished without issues. I have PC, RT and phone all lined out after a few weekends beating my head against the wall figuring all this out. I don't know what your plans are for PC upgrade but if you want it perfect this may be your only option.
- 02-03-2013, 12:20 AM #5
Just as I thought. I was trying to look for a way to access my Xbox music option on my PC to figure this out seeing I had to do a similar process when I first switched to Zune. But now that u told me this I'm kinda disappointed :( but I will maybe get a tablet in the future if I get a job this summer to allow me too :P thanks a lot btw! Very awesome of you to have replied.
- 02-03-2013, 03:26 AM #10
I use a music player / organizer called Mediamonkey . I believe the free version will do everything you need it to do. Auto organize, metatagging and album artwork. I stopped using iTunes and Zune to organize my music, this program will actually save all your metadata and album art into the files. I would really suggest looking into it, works on W7 and W8.
Anyway once you finished organizing or auto-organizing your music. Plug in your WP8 device and the program will recognize it.
1. Before you start syncing make sure on your Phone in the Music hub to >>>DISABLE "Connect with Xbox Music"<<< so that it doesn't over ride any of your precious work on your metatags and create it's own data.
2. Make sure there are no music files on your device, delete everything that is in the "Music" and "Playlist" folder on your device. There are hidden folders that you can't delete but the contents inside them should be deleted as well
3. Once these two folders are cleaned out, open up Mediamonkey and your device should show up.
3. Select your device from the list. Once selected there are 3 tabs, Summery, Auto-Sync List and Options. Select Options
4. Options > Tagging, I unchecked all the boxes. So no folder.jpg or albumart.jpg copied over as it's already within the song's metatag.
4. Options > Destination, this is the path I use in Mediamonkey for Music "\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>\<Track#:2> <Title>" .
5. Now go to Auto-Sync List, choose your playlist or artist to sync, I would suggest a small amount at first just to test and get the hang of it.
6. Hit Apply then Sync.
Note, the first time it may not sync ALL the album art, if you're lucky it will but no worries, if it doesn't just delete and retry.
1. Select your device in Mediamonkey, click the arrow beside your device's name to expand it.
2. Select Music, select all and delete it all from your device.
3. Resync, the second sync should now display all the album art.
That's how I mostly do it and it's always been working for me...I should really write up a tutorial with pictures >.>
Now for Artist Pictures, I would suggest you reading my other post since I no longer connect to Xbox live to get them to display
WP8 Artist Images
Hope that helps, let me know if you need more help.
02-03-2013, 07:04 AM #11
- 90 Posts
As WavingReds said ,
I was gonna write Steps 1 , It missed up a couple of my albums (Miami Vice OST & Metal Gear Solid 1 OST) , but I noticed it before It alters the rest of my music & Disabled it .
I still haven't figured out how to get the Artist backgrounds (I got my first WP -HTC 8X- on Tuesday) , but it downloaded the background for some of Fabolous , LL Cool J & Timbaland music !
p.s. I used the Windows Phone PC App (The latest one , Preview 3) to Sync my playlists from my iTunes (Windows 7 Pro 64bit) ... fastest easiest Sync I ever did (18 playlists)
- 02-03-2013, 01:50 PM #12
Np, you can always re-enable that option once you finished syncing to grab the Artist Backgrounds.
Some artist maybe automatically download it's image, all you do is play a sample song from the store and the image will download =)
BTW for the Preview 3 does it sync all the album artwork as well? I haven't bothered since I'm doing ok currently with Mediamonkey.
02-03-2013, 04:30 PM #14
- 90 Posts
- 02-03-2013, 07:22 PM #17
- By Chowdah72 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 14Last Post: 03-04-2012, 07:51 AM
- By wpbrian in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 8Last Post: 01-01-2012, 01:32 AM
- By devilhound1 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 5Last Post: 05-06-2011, 07:40 PM
- By thomasanderson in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 6Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:59 PM
- By spyderdan56 in forum XBOXReplies: 1Last Post: 11-25-2010, 01:30 PM