Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I just got my Lumia 920 and I am reasonably happy.

But here is one thing that drives me crazy. I can't find out where I turn of live messenger, or at least notifications for live messenger. I use the Skype client for live messenger on my computer, so I really don't need my phone to beep every time someone sends me a message. I am not interested in turning of notifications for Facebook chat. I use Facebook chat private, while live messenger is more of a work thing. So it is not a good solution to set my availability to offline etc, as I this would affect both accounts.

I have tried searching all over this forum and all over the reset of the web, but I can't find a solution for this.

Can anybody help me?

Is there really no one who can help me with an answer to this?
    Even a confirmation that I am screwed, and that there is no way I can disable those **** live messenger messages from showing on my phone would be welcome (and probably followed by a quick trip back to the store to give the device back).
    Well for that moment you could go offline on the phone and just talk on Skype while on the PC. I think Skype also has an option to link Facebook into it as well so you wouldn't miss anything by going offline.

Quote Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
    Well for that moment you could go offline on the phone and just talk on Skype while on the PC. I think Skype also has an option to link Facebook into it as well so you wouldn't miss anything by going offline.
    Thanks for your reply! I don't think this is a good solution, as I want facebook chat to be active on the phone (and get notifications). I do already use Skype on the pc instead of live messenger, but I have merged the Skype and the live messenger account to be able to communicate with all my contacts in one program, and if I had not done this I would have to get all my live messenger contacts to get Skype. This would be a much greater task than for Microsoft to simply put a choice in for "do not use live messenger on this /&%%& phone, or at least put in a choice so there would be no notifications. Of course there is a choice to not use facebook chat (a slider in settings).

I don't think you can disable that unless you mark yourself offline in the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
    I don't think you can disable that unless you mark yourself offline in the phone.
    That is quite astonishing. A HORRIBLE design flaw if you ask me.
    I think I have found a workaround, but it takes some work and will cost me all my paid apps. I will have to wipe the phone clean and start from scratch with a brand new Microsoft account (where I have no live messenger friends). Luckily we are just talking a handful off apps (I have just had the phone for a day or two), so I will gladly waive the $20 or so it will cost me in apps!

The thing is... If you create a live account that is only for your phone that might give you problems if you have an xbox, surface, etc and want to keep all of them integrated.

I wonder what's going to happen when Microsoft turns messenger off.

Quote Originally Posted by Nimdock View Post
    The thing is... If you create a live account that is only for your phone that might give you problems if you have an xbox, surface, etc and want to keep all of them integrated.

I wonder what's going to happen when Microsoft turns messenger off.
    Yes I know. But the messenger notifications on my phone really bugs me (I use live messenger on the computer a lot), and even tho I have an xbox, I really don't see the need for the phone/xbox integration. So basically going with a clean account looks like the lesser of two evils for my situation. That I even have to make this choice is beyond me to understand.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    You don't have to repurchase apps unless you change your MS account. The apps should re-download if you have the backup feature turned on (which I believe is on by default).