Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Yes I am completely satisfied with my Lumia 920, and I know the features that is missing won't be a big deal.
    Having said that, hopefully MS adds more features to WP8

Got my 920 from 3 UK yesterday, this will be replacing my Iphone (just got bored with it). Still playing around with it . Looks great!
  3.    #53  
    The only thing my phone needs is the compatible apps for wp8 .. The old ones drain battery and unstable.
    I hope its only a matter of time and then,developers will take WP seriously and start pushing some quality apps, I'm sure that WP got the potential to compete with the two major OS's in the market.
    the hardware is amazing, the only phone which got better build quality is the iPhone I think.
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I have a lowly
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express
    Redman74 likes this.

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    O have a lowly 8s and love it. Yes there are a few small issues but on the whole the os is a breath if fresh air having done all the iPhones, top of the range androids and blackberry 9900 i am stoked and at this point would never go back. I have an iPad for serious web browsing and wanted a phone small enough to still be a phone whilst allowing some web browsing and navigation. The bb was almost there in form factor but the browsing experience whilst better was still not good enough. The keyboard on wp is the main bonus and the live tile concept i find new and exciting. I will be sticking with wp for the next upgrade. 😍
    Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Twitter@Firas_MD View Post
    The only thing my phone needs is the compatible apps for wp8 .. The old ones drain battery and unstable.
    I hope its only a matter of time and then,developers will take WP seriously and start pushing some quality apps, I'm sure that WP got the potential to compete with the two major OS's in the market.
    the hardware is amazing, the only phone which got better build quality is the iPhone I think.
    You dont have a 920 then, i assume.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    There is no denying that the iPhone has top build quality (although the 5 is actually a little too light for me) but the Nokia is at least as good as the iPhone in terms of quality.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Very happy with core phone, speed, screen, apps for email, office, voice and signal quality. Browsing...IE10 mobile...meh. It's "OK". Live tiles are cool in that it brings a level of consistency that's better than Android while being more fun and flexible than iOS. I really really like my Nokia 822 and want to keep going. External speakers suck on this thing compared to 8x (beats audio was very nice) or iPhone but I wanted the SD and slightly less so the replaceable battery.

Reasons I will switch back to either iOS or more likely Android if not fixed (timeframe is somewhere between "a few updates" and "my patience wearing out"):
    • duplicates songs and pictures - I now have over 10 copies of every song/picture I take/download or sync from PC using Windows Phone app. they just keep cloning every day or two and I've tried and followed every thread here with suggestions. I was somewhat OK but after one vacation with the phone I'm tired of having to create playlists to avoid having the same song play over and over or showing pictures to people and having to scroll past all the duplicates. I'm OK with waiting for the FEATURES of Xbox music to catch up (to a point) as I really like the service overall but how about something as simple as not cloning links to the songs. I say links because the song/picture doesn't duplicate because if you delete one they all go. No such compromises with the other options. I love the rest of the phone or this would have sent me packing immediately.
    • group texting. if this was the only problem I would not switch but it's so tiring not having a reply-to-all type of functionality that works fine on Android and iPhone. this is a Verizon firmware block special and I'm not ready to dump the network for the feature but I don't have to, all I have to do is dump the OS since even the newer non-WP phones that came out after still have that feature working.
    • lame versions of apps again, I'm expecting future versions to fix this but somewhere between the MS-Google wars and the crappy intro versions of some apps I will eventually lose patience. and I don't even use Facebook or Skype. Those sound like horror stories that would have sent me packing fast plus there's no hope of getting the family to switch without at least a good Facebook app, and the *MUSIC* duplicates??? Wow, forget it. That's more important than voice calls for some of them because between group texting, music, and games, the phone has almost no other purpose (for them at least). Even something as trivial as Words with Friends locked up the phone when I had the audacity to click the back button while it said "updating...". Four letter word for great point value (depending on where played) while communicating a message...CRAP.
    • Microsoft Sync (Ford) - Not a deal breaker again but goes to overall philosophy of a quality product. I don't even own a Ford but rented one on vacation and it had Sync. Well, here's another one where if you can't get THAT right out of the box, keep it turned off until it works. Very hit-or-miss for what I got between music info, sometimes only voice calls worked and not music at all, and then several times the phone just locked up and restarted just because I turned the car off. At least I had someone else in the car who could reset the phone to get the music to work again. I've heard others having issues with simple car-Bluetooth connections but hey, Microsoft-to-Microsoft?? iPhones work fine with MS Sync.
    • Battery life - it's really pretty good, but nowhere near my iPhone 4s or some Android devices out today at similar usage levels. Everyone's mileage varies here but I crank on the settings a lot but I keep WiFi active mostly, Bluetooth alive. It's "good", but needs to get better with updates because there are times I have to think about using it vs when I will next see a charger. Most days are fine but some are a stretch and that was never the case with the iPhone and I used to beat on that thing all the time.

They are listed in decreasing order and the first one is a royal pain but when you add them all up it becomes much more of a balance between what I *LOVE* about the phone and when that love wears off and becomes what I'm used to, and now I want the rest to just work and be available and reliable. Nokia makes it more pleasant but they can't fix what Microsoft broke or other companies won't provide for this platform that they provide for others. Apple, Android, and even Blackberry didn't get to where they are (or were in Blackberry's case) overnight. Hopefully Microsoft will show the right trends early.
    Thanked by:

Should I recommend a 8x for my gf ?
    I would say so! I know two other of my girlfriends who have WP8 lumia 920's and they both love it!
    though warning, if she's an iSheep (or if she's very heavily into latest app like snapchat, razzle, words with friends) I wouldn't recommend it, she might not be able to get used to how 'different' windows is :/
    If she's indifferent about these things than I'd deff recommend it!! I've found that most 3rd party app for social media are actually equal (or if not better) than the official apps!
    Thanked by:
  10.    #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeLee092 View Post
    I would say so! I know two other of my girlfriends who have WP8 lumia 920's and they both love it!
    though warning, if she's an iSheep (or if she's very heavily into latest app like snapchat, razzle, words with friends) I wouldn't recommend it, she might not be able to get used to how 'different' windows is :/
    If she's indifferent about these things than I'd deff recommend it!! I've found that most 3rd party app for social media are actually equal (or if not better) than the official apps!
    Thank god she wasnt an iSheep before ... she own a Blackberry same as me .. and now we both migrating to WP.
    Yessiree Bob! My Lumia 820 is all I expected and so much more. What a fantastic OS and what a fantastic gadget.
    Very satisfied with my Lumia 920, best phone I ever had or see.
    I have none of the reported bugs.
    On the downside, not much, well maybe that Xbox music isn't available in Greece.

Yes very satisfied, honey period has not ended yet

Quote Originally Posted by Slai View Post
    You dont have a 920 then, i assume.
    All you have to do is look at his profile and you will see he has a 8X....

To be honest, I am a tad disappointed with the ecosystem and the OS itself. The integrated Messenger and Facebook chat is so unstable, and apps crash from time to time, which I have never experienced with WP7 (may be due to the new NT kernel). I am also disappointed to the lack of apps, namely Temple Run 2, Spotify (Radio), Flipboard, iHeartRadio, Sims FreePlay, and Songza. Other than that, it's great and performs like a champ (unlike my Xperia S which I still keep to this day just to run my daily apps)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123