Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    For me, it's the City lense to find the least populated areas to bury the bodies.

Seriously....it's the entire package. Ease of use in any way I can think of.
    ~Sal
    interopbyt and LeLee092 like this.

Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    For me, it is this. Compare the 2 screens. Such beautiful integration.

Normal mobile phone call:
    http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...07926833_n.png

Skype Call:
    http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...25880691_n.png

We're all going to call you nonstop! lol
    ~Sal
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete Almanza View Post
    I'd also like to chime in about the aesthetics. As a graphic designer/font connoisseur, I love the focus of great typography and how much it means for the OS. Yes, yes, it's an obvious feature. But sometimes I'll catch myself looking at great app interfaces like from Brit + Co., USA Today, Vimeo, and Shop Advisor and just beam at how seamlessly they mixed their branding and styles with the UI of Windows Phone. Absolutely gorgeous. :)
    This is key for me too. Coming from Android, I appreciate that apps comply with the UI of the OS instead of varying wildly and following whatever perverse sense of design the developer decides they want to adopt. That is one of the most annoying features of Android for me honestly.

I thought of another one! The way everything is so consistent throughout the OS just amazes me. The interfaces are all familiar, so I am not left wondering what to do at a certain screen. Also, the Bing integration and everything about it on WP8 is stunning.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseySal View Post
    We're all going to call you nonstop! lol
    They're SkypeIn numbers, easily enough disposable if needed. The thing is, the numbers are in my email signature and on my radio profile too. So they are meant to be public numbers.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Developer

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    It's awesome how every tap you make on the phone causes an animation, making loading times seem short and making the phone appear buttery smooth!

Also, it's really cool how if you want to change how your whole phone works, just change the accent color. The OS changes, the tiles change, the keyboard changes, the apps change, etc!

Old timers of WP know this. In Games Hub, you can make your avatar fall down by shaking your phone hard. Poking him used to incite reaction (he would get angry after a while and just walk out on me) but it doesn't seem to work anymore. But he might have learned a new trick or two - I saw him do a backflip today.
    Developer

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    Old timers of WP know this. In Games Hub, you can make your avatar fall down by shaking your phone hard. Poking him used to incite reaction (he would get angry after a while and just walk out on me) but it doesn't seem to work anymore. But he might have learned a new trick or two - I saw him do a backflip today.
    I remember doing that on my HTC Trophy, if you keep making him fall for 3 times in a row he gets really mad and "cracks" your screen while vibrating the phone. It was kinda scary when I did it on the Trophy cause its vibrations are really strong XD
    Quote Originally Posted by akiman911 View Post
    You can swipe away toast notifications? you mean the 1 inch bar that pops up at the top?

HOW???? Ive been trying for ages, the toast comes up for 20 seconds i cannot swipe away on l920, or i am missing something obvious

please help
    Well they're not one inch, more like a cm. You swipe from left to right. If you mean the volume controls, just tap the back button.

Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    Ha ha, didn't know about this one! Just shook my phone and poked at 'me'. My avatar stomped his foot, gritted his teeth and smashed my screen. Love it.
    interopbyt likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by interopbyt View Post
    I remember doing that on my HTC Trophy, if you keep making him fall for 3 times in a row he gets really mad and "cracks" your screen while vibrating the phone. It was kinda scary when I did it on the Trophy cause its vibrations are really strong XD
    I was more surprised when I discovered my avatar spastically "dancing" to my music when I went to the game hub without stopping Zune. Quite hilarious, much more when listening to classical or slow tempo. :D
    Thanked by:
    TK2011 
    LeLee092 likes this.
    Developer

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyaku View Post
    I was more surprised when I discovered my avatar spastically "dancing" to my music when I went to the game hub without stopping Zune. Quite hilarious, much more when listening to classical or slow tempo. :D
    Well that definitely seems interesting, gonna check that out :D

Global Posts
    2,733 Global Posts
    I love the Metro and I'm sure I would love the resizeable tiles as well
    Nokia Lumia 1020 owner here...

I should say a very nice thread...its really important how this small things makes one fall in love with the platform...

Really love the animations in live tiles...like the name of the artist in music tile, the avatar in games tiles, facial expressions in messages tile.

I have been using this platform since one year and am still discovering new things about it..
    Thanked by:
    Mach_E likes this.

for me built in apps like... XBox: you get all games in one place, you create or edit your avatar, if you bored just see what your avatar doing...
    XBox Music + Videos: you not only get music and videos, but you all so check music and video related app in one place and history related all those app in one place...
    Photo app: you not only see phone or cam photos, but you all so can access skydrive, facebook and other photo related apps too...
    and allso People hub, camera app{lens}, office and note...
    Thanked by:
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    786 Global Posts
    Something small that I noticed. I had 4 texts waiting for me earlier, and the icon on my start screen for messaging went from ;-) to :-o

In the music player (now playing mode) you get to view the next 2 songs at the bottom.
    activate the shuffle icon on the right and the next 2 songs shuffles, deactive it and the next 2 songs goes back to alphabetical order, activate shuffle again and the next 2 songs randomizes again while the current songs is still playing.

Quote Originally Posted by TK2011 View Post
    I found if you leave it for a while your avatar tries to sneak off your screen - if you scroll sideways towards your friends icons as it tries to get off the screen it stops sneaking and makes a break for it. If you then go back to the avatar screen he wont be there then after a few seconds pops his head in from the side.

hmmm most of you guys mentioned the big ones, heres one that I just discovered:

-On Xbox music and video app if you scroll to history it shows all the most recent youtube/podcast/homevideos that you've done! just discovered this and makes thing so much easier!
    -Love the toast notification, no more cluttered notification bar about facebook events i never go to!
    -I love how the photo album have your favorite pictures in the background, gives it a unique look every time you go to it!

Oh probably the best and most useful feature has been the "ring, lock, erase" from windowsphone.com
    Something I always wanted when i was on Android, Makes me feel so much more secure about my information!

I can honestly go on and on..
    bawboh86 likes this.

Just discovered one beauty! Clicking on a toast notification from the lockscreen loads the app associated with it underneath the lock, so when your phone is unlocked you're already there. Fantastic
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    656 Global Posts
    Apps that you already have installed on your phone and you search them in the marketplace. It will say "In Collection". When you clicked on it, it will go to the location where the app is located in your phone.

Favorite Apps
    : Windows Phone News, WPCentral, TV Series, myTube, Metrotube, wpTorrent, Yxplayer WP8, Moliplayer Pro, Package Tracker, NZBConnect, Media Browser, Audiotica 4, MP3 finder, User Agent Switcher (use iPad as agent), UC Browser, GetThemAll, Amazing Music, Music+, MetroRadio, FlashVideo, Navigon, WebApps, Note It
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,429 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeLee092 View Post
    -On Xbox music and video app if you scroll to history it shows all the most recent youtube/podcast/homevideos that you've done! just discovered this and makes thing so much easier!
    Yep, love this!

-Love the toast notification, no more cluttered notification bar about facebook events i never go to!
    Nope, they just fill your Calendar instead.

-I love how the photo album have your favorite pictures in the background, gives it a unique look every time you go to it!
    Not yet explored this but it sounds cool!

Oh probably the best and most useful feature has been the "ring, lock, erase" from windowsphone.com
    Something I always wanted when i was on Android, Makes me feel so much more secure about my information!
    Great for when I misplace my phone in the house. Click ring, usually find the phone within 5 seconds. Godsend!

I can honestly go on and on..
    Think it might be time to give someone else a chance

Quote Originally Posted by monlosez3 View Post
    Apps that you already have installed on your phone and you search them in the marketplace. It will say "In Collection". When you clicked on it, it will go to the location where the app is located in your phone.
    HOLY! I just tried that. Clicking on the image in Store did nothing, but when I clicked on the name (I used "Next Bus UK" as an example), it went to the Start Screen, and scrolled down to that app. Cheers mate! Didn't know that one!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

All these splendid things that I never knew about!! This is a great discussion, love it.

Unlike Android and iOS where clicking an icon just darkens it until it is released, with WP8, when I click on the Messaging tile, for example, the tile goes inward, then pulses out. After that, all the other tiles on the screen go away in a "swoosh" sort of transition until the one you clicked on is the only one on the screen. Then the app interface comes in from the side. That transition is simply beautiful.

Having just upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to Windows Phone 8, you can imagine my "OMG" moments at the whole new level of awesomeness my Lumia 620 has provided me with. I don't have something unique to say for now but I'll gladly BUMP this thread, we certainly need to keep this going.
    Developer

Global Posts
    817 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wael Hasno View Post
    Having just upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to Windows Phone 8, you can imagine my "OMG" moments at the whole new level of awesomeness my Lumia 620 has provided me with. I don't have something unique to say for now but I'll gladly BUMP this thread, we certainly need to keep this going.
    Agreed, I also came from Windows Mobile, but from 6.5.3. I can say that WP is much more awesome! WM used to be so dull, even the system sounds.

One thing I still do use from Windows Mobile onto Windows Phone is the old WinMo classic ringtone. It's so awesome. Ding, ding di ding ding ding!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast