Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. s03

Can i set my favourite music as alarm tone in wp8?????

just copy the MP3 in Ringtones folder via Windows Explorer on PC and enjoy.. !!!!!!!! (what's with the question marks, people???!!)
    This didn't work for me. I copied an mp3 file to my ringtone folder and it still doesn't appear under ringtones or alarm. :(
    Nevermind.. I tried another one and it worked.. Must've not like the one I picked first!

Quote Originally Posted by fernandogonzalez View Post
    This didn't work for me. I copied an mp3 file to my ringtone folder and it still doesn't appear under ringtones or alarm. :(
    the only limitation is DRM
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Does this work by putting MP3s in the notification folder? Notification sounds kinda sucky! L920.

AFAIK there is no "notification folder" :)

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Nope there isn't! Tried yesterday and no luck. One of my only gripes, notification sounds are pretty bad and not many to choose from.:-(

Global Posts
    588 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandogonzalez View Post
    Nevermind.. I tried another one and it worked.. Must've not like the one I picked first!
    Search the forums. There are criteria for files so phone will recognize as a ringtone. I can't remember what all they are, but size of file is part of it. Just find a free ringtone app. If you like it, someone else has already put it in one of these apps and then all you have to do is select and download.