Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. thatotherdude24's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
       #1  
    I previously had a Lumia 822 but because of Verizon reasons I had to return it, not phone issues. I am thinking of getting one again and have a few things that bugged the heck out of me before and I'm curious if there has been fixes for them.

    1. WiFi disabled when the phone went to sleep
    2. Text messages did not save drafts, if i changed apps while typing a text everything I typed disappeared
    3. I couldn't set custom ringtones or SMS or email tones. All I could use was the ones that were preinstalled on the phone
    4. Live tiles such as the ESPN app did not update on their own or sometimes ever, are they better about updating

    This one I am just curious of: Do you think WP8 is going to catch on and will bring in the consumers using them and the app developers making more and better apps?

    If someone could help me out with this stuff I would really appreciate it, thank you for all your help.
  2. spaulagain's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    842 Posts
    #2  
    Just read the other 400 threads covering the exact same thing.

    MS is in it for the long hall, of course it will catch on. It already is. I have people at work constantly asking about it and looking into one.
  3. thatotherdude24's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    Just read the other 400 threads covering the exact same thing.

    MS is in it for the long hall, of course it will catch on. It already is. I have people at work constantly asking about it and looking into one.
    I did not find any other threads about my questions which is why I asked.

    If you have links for them that would be helpful
  4. realwarder's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    822 Posts
    #4  
    1 and 2 are fixed (1 is an option now)
    3 You can set custom ringtones on each person for calls. you can globally set custom ringtones
    4 Tiles are good. Most apps work great all the time, other work perfectly all the time so I think it's people's coding of the app. I.e. correctly coded apps update reliably.
  5. thatotherdude24's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    1 and 2 are fixed (1 is an option now)3 You can set custom ringtones on each person for calls. you can globally set custom ringtones4 Tiles are good. Most apps work great all the time, other work perfectly all the time so I think it's people's coding of the app. I.e. correctly coded apps update reliably.
    Thank you for the help. When you say you can set custom ringtones does that mean you can only chose ringtones that come on the phone or I can create them myself and use those?
  6. Noahma's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    246 Posts
    #6  
    You can create your own, mp3 format copied to the ringtone folder. There is not an option to set custom text tones yet however, I assume that will come with time.
  7. thatotherdude24's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
       #7  
    Also, with this Google news does this mean I won't be able to sync my Gmail and contacts with WP? I want it so if I add a contact or calendar event on my phone it shows up on my Google account and vise versa.
  8. bbqrooster's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    #8  
    Microsoft is working on resolving the problem. In the mean time, you can get this Fight Google. Take your friends back with GContacts for Windows Phone 8. | Windows Phone Central
  9. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #9  
    Nokia has a great app (Ringtone Maker) for making ringtones right on the device. 1 is part of an update which hasn't hit the 822 yet, but it will soon enough. I guess 2 is in the update because it doesn't have it right now. However, you can simply go back to the messaging app, but it doesn't save it if you exit out of it by hitting the back button while in the messaging app.
  10. thatotherdude24's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    411 Posts
    Global Posts
    949 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by willied View Post
    Nokia has a great app (Ringtone Maker) for making ringtones right on the device. 1 is part of an update which hasn't hit the 822 yet, but it will soon enough. I guess 2 is in the update because it doesn't have it right now. However, you can simply go back to the messaging app, but it doesn't save it if you exit out of it by hitting the back button while in the messaging app.
    I thought the Portico update was out for all phones? I really hope the updates don't get fragmented like Android.
  11. rickisthick's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    9 Posts
    #11  
    don't get it! Nokia is making a high end lumia for verizon that should come out in like march :)
  12. WindowsPhone8User's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #12  
    ^ Unconfirmed news. It's just speculation, may happen in a year from now... we really have no idea.
  13. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    707 Posts
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by thatotherdude24 View Post
    I thought the Portico update was out for all phones? I really hope the updates don't get fragmented like Android.
    It's not out for Verizon yet. It's supposed to be coming out sometime in February from what I've heard.
  14. odin09's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    461 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by WindowsPhone8User View Post
    ^ Unconfirmed news. It's just speculation, may happen in a year from now... we really have no idea.
    we should know within a month whether this "unconfirmed" rumor is true or not. That doesn't seem too long to wait.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-16-2013, 05:39 PM
  2. I think I'm coming back home
    By tbout in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-12-2011, 11:03 AM
  3. coming back
    By davidt77 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 12:14 PM
  4. So what do you think of WP7?
    By Dieter Bohn in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 11-08-2010, 07:30 PM

Posting Permissions

B