Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dadstar0410

Is the Bing wallpaper supposed to update my lock screen everyday with a new picture? It doesn't work for me if I turn off my phone for the night and wake up the next morning.

For me it seems to update kind of randomly every two days or so. It's still cool, but it's not going to update every morning right when you check your phone (like Bing desktop does for a PC - which is also awesome).

The Bing search seems to work but the lock screen does update much later.... Not sure if that's how it is.

Yea, I went into Bing search, and that updated well before my phone lockscreen did! In fact, I actually had to manually reselect Bing as the wallpaper for it to update. That baby cheetah was getting annoying, lol.
    James8561 likes this.

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    mine updates a day after..so my lockscreen is yesterday's bing pic. I prefer that.

Mine doesn't work, seems to update when if feels like. (L920)

Mine updates once per 24 hours. It just refreshed at 1 am.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Mine never updates. So I ended up using weather flow to get the Bing pic of the day and weather. Only negative is low res.
    Samsung Focus -> Samsung Focus Flash -> Nokia Lumia 900 -> Nokia Lumia 920 (GDR2/Amber) -> [SOON ��] Lumia 1020 (GDR2/Amber)
    Asus VivoTab RT 32GB (8.1 RT RTM) + Surface Pro 128GB (8.1 RTM)
    I ❤ Windows ��
    Thanked by:

That's unfortunate, cuz it works flawlessly on my Surface... I wanted my laptop, Surface, and WP8X to be in complete sync.

Its a bit slow....Pretty much random for me. But i don't care about immediate update.

I was having an issue with both Bing and thru weather flow. I emailed weather flow, and they actually told me it was an issue with the Bing server, and was being worked on.
    Arguing with an ***** is like playing chess with a pigeon.
    You could be the greatest player in the world, but the pigeon will still knock over all the pieces, s--t on the board and strut around triumphantly-Tomtom6 on NcSportbikes.com
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,903 Global Posts
    Screw bing. I use paper shuffle combined with a wallpaper album on my phone. It's awesome :)

It doesn't work on my 8X either. Nor does HTC Weather. They both randomly update. So many things to get fixed :C.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Etyrnus View Post
    I was having an issue with both Bing and thru weather flow. I emailed weather flow, and they actually told me it was an issue with the Bing server, and was being worked on.
    Weather flow works now btw. Still low res sadly.
    Samsung Focus -> Samsung Focus Flash -> Nokia Lumia 900 -> Nokia Lumia 920 (GDR2/Amber) -> [SOON ��] Lumia 1020 (GDR2/Amber)
    Asus VivoTab RT 32GB (8.1 RT RTM) + Surface Pro 128GB (8.1 RTM)
    I ❤ Windows ��
    I am also so sick of this. I am going to return my Lumia 920 and get an iPhone so that...oh wait, who am I kidding?

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    I am also so sick of this. I am going to return my Lumia 920 and get an iPhone so that...oh wait, who am I kidding?
    Ha, that thing still exists?

My problem with Bing pictures is that I somehow always have some super cute but weird animal on the search button when around my buddies. They think it's my wall paper
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyng View Post
    My problem with Bing pictures is that I somehow always have some super cute but weird animal on the search button when around my buddies. They think it's my wall paper
    Too revealing for you? 😉