Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By joe_easton
  1. wilsey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #1  
    Does anyone know how to bookmark an app while you're browsing the Store? Because sometimes when I browse the Store using the cellular network, I will find some interesting app, but the signal is not stable enough to download. In that case, I would like to bookmark it, then when I reached home, I can download it through Wifi.

    Another thing is I think there is no proper standard in the Details of an app. Such as: When you click an app on the Store, it will list down what it does. But when there is an update, some of the app won't list down the change log.
    At least, they should make a proper header, like:
    - Description
    - Change log or What's New
    - etc.

    It will be easier to read.
  2. Squatting Hen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    833 Posts
    Global Posts
    966 Global Posts
    #2  
    As of right now there is no way to bookmark an app. It's a pain, but you could open a One Note document and add the apps you want to it.

    It is also not mandatory for developers (even Microsoft) to include a Change Log. It would be nice though.
  3. #3  
    The easiest way is just to click and download it. Even if the connection is broken the app is saved under a downloads section. So in essence, that's the way to bookmark it. The best thing about it is when you get a connection, every time (between broken ones) they automatically resume downloading.
  4. wilsey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Squatting Hen View Post
    As of right now there is no way to bookmark an app. It's a pain, but you could open a One Note document and add the apps you want to it.

    It is also not mandatory for developers (even Microsoft) to include a Change Log. It would be nice though.
    True, if Microsoft can put a guideline for the developers. It will be much easier for us to see. Like how Android does it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    The easiest way is just to click and download it. Even if the connection is broken the app is saved under a downloads section. So in essence, that's the way to bookmark it. The best thing about it is when you get a connection, every time (between broken ones) they automatically resume downloading.
    I tried it, but it will resume the download from the beginning, instead of where it left off. This happen if I downloaded it first through Cellular, and then switch to Wifi at home.
  5. joe_easton's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    127 Posts
    #5  
    Take a screenshot
    wilsey likes this.
  6. #6  
    Mine does resume from last position. Don't know if its because i started and ended with the same connection (WiFi) or is it a time thing. But it definitely resumed from the half downloaded game i tested.
  7. wilsey's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    212 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
       #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Microsoftjunkie View Post
    Mine does resume from last position. Don't know if its because i started and ended with the same connection (WiFi) or is it a time thing. But it definitely resumed from the half downloaded game i tested.
    I think it must because you started and ended with the same connection. Gonna give it a try later.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-14-2013, 12:57 PM
  2. How to access microSD card in the phone on a Mac?
    By mrbofus in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-13-2012, 01:09 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
  4. How to turbocharge WP8 sales in the USA
    By brmiller1976 in forum Windows Phone 8
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:37 PM
  5. How should developers price apps in the Windows Phone Store?
    By richard_walters in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2012, 12:16 AM

Posting Permissions

B