Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I love WP8. I'm generally an MS fan because they tend to deliver professional software for professional users. Office on WP8 is great but there's one massive, huge, immense, even gargantuan issue I have. Why oh why can't I copy a doc/presentation/workbook to my phone direct to my SD Card and have it seen by Office? I have a 45Mb pptx file which I copied to my SD and expected to be able to open it in Powerpoint. Office Hub didn't even see it. Uploaded to Skydrive from PC - that part was ok and I can see the file from my WP in Office Hub, but can I download it? No way! Keeps hanging during the download. I'm on my company Wireless connection and I know speed isn't an issue. If I back out of the App it says "download cancelled". Doesn't matter what I do - I can't get it onto my phone.

Anybody have any ideas?

Well, I'm not sure how helpful my response will be, but I just tried to open a 98MB pptx and it disconnected with just shy of 60MB downloaded. I'm on my home WiFi, so that really shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: I should clarify that I'm on WP7.

Also, since I was able to exceed 45 MB, but still suffered from a disconnect part way through downloading, I think it has something to do with timing out of SkyDrive.

Global Posts
    1,033 Global Posts
    Good call on timing out settings. Also, you may want to look at that keep wifi alive if it's a WP8 device, if it's 7.5, you have to keep it from going to sleep until it's downloaded.
    My next phone...

For my part, I sat and watched it time out. 3 tries and they all timed out at different intervals. (~40, ~50, ~60, not in that order)