Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hey all, newbie here and first time post. I was wondering, is there anything out there that snaps to the second portion of your homepage when you scroll a la iOS or Android? As much as I love the smooth infinite scrolling of WP8, I'm planning to group my apps and I was hoping there would be something like that.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    No.
    Quote Originally Posted by widezu69 View Post
    Hey all, newbie here and first time post. I was wondering, is there anything out there that snaps to the second portion of your homepage when you scroll a la iOS or Android? As much as I love the smooth infinite scrolling of WP8, I'm planning to group my apps and I was hoping there would be something like that.
    A lot of people are using an app called Groupy to create sections like this one.
    "Engineering is more than just the number of megapixels." - Stephen Elop

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Figure 8 Dash View Post
    A lot of people are using an app called Groupy to create sections like this one.
    Yes that was what I was intending on using, my question was whether there was anything out there that can cause the homescreens to snap to each group when scrolling. For example with one swipe, I would see the next group. Guess not.

No, unlike android/iOS the windows home page is 1 solid page that allows you to go to whatever you want smoothly. Android/iOS use multiple pages that you "flip" thru to find what you want.

Coming from pretty much nothing but android, i like the WP home screen much better, and find it to be able to do everything i want it to. The only thing i miss is my google search bar, instead, i now i have to hit the search button to go to bing.com

Shawn