Welcome to the WPCentral Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Don't have an issue with live tiles for the base Nokia weather app or WPC app.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinalyx View Post
    I constantly have live tile issues. I dont use a ton of live tiles, only 3 really matter, but they never work. Ill do all of the things suggested, and sometimes they start working fine, and 2 days later theyre frozen again. I understand that 1 of the main ways to fix things is to fully uninstall and reinstall, but i dont want to lose all of the info i have in TvShow so i dont uninstall that 1. Battery sense and weather programs have to be uninstalled/reinstalled every few days, internet history has to be wiped, soft resets......the amount of crap i have to do just to make the phone/apps work the way theyre supposed to is driving me insane.

Shawn
    Mine randomly stop working and I usually find some roque app that I had blocked in background tasks got re-enabled following an app update, so I re-block those tasks, restart, give it a couple hours and they are all working again. Of the ~5-7 times my live tiles have stopped working, only once have I gone through the effort you have and it still didn't result in a faster restore of live tile activity than what I described above.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinalyx View Post
    I constantly have live tile issues. I dont use a ton of live tiles, only 3 really matter, but they never work. Ill do all of the things suggested, and sometimes they start working fine, and 2 days later theyre frozen again. I understand that 1 of the main ways to fix things is to fully uninstall and reinstall, but i dont want to lose all of the info i have in TvShow so i dont uninstall that 1. Battery sense and weather programs have to be uninstalled/reinstalled every few days, internet history has to be wiped, soft resets......the amount of crap i have to do just to make the phone/apps work the way theyre supposed to is driving me insane.

Shawn
    I didn't realize until after a hard reset that you can backup, via SkyDrive, email, etc. your TVShow data.

You guys also have to understand that some apps require location to be enabled, i.e HTC or Nokia Drive. These apps' Live Tiles obviously wouldn't work if location is not enabled. Granted, there are potential ways around that, but for the most part those apps require them.

As for the news apps like WPC, CNN, BCC, their live tile updates have to be enabled in their respective Settings pages, as with Facebook. In addition, I have all of my live tiles enabled in background tasks to ensure that the news i receive will be on my phone as they appear in the app.

First-party apps including People, Me, Messaging, and the like have gorgeous live tiles, but if they do not work for you, you can reset the live tiles by resizing the tile to 1*1, then back to the desired size. That often works for me when the Photos tile doesn't show desirable photos or if I were to experiment with the tile sizes, for I would see the tile reset itself when doing so.

My live tiles have had no problems whatsoever because of the above tips, fyi.

Hope this helps 😊
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12