Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I have noticed that everyday i recieve the store updates at 6:00 GMT my time. Everyday around this time, i check my phone its updated... It means that i guess, the phone updates once a day probably at this time for me.. any one else have a time to update his apps from store?

I just updated Nokia Trailers and Facebook pro

wp_ss_20130119_0001%5B1%5D.png

Around 06.30 UTC +1 (CET) :)

I've noticed that too. The updates always come overnight so when I check the phone in the morning any updates are waiting. Don't know exactly what time it happens though as I'm asleep!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_2 View Post
    I've noticed that too. The updates always come overnight so when I check the phone in the morning any updates are waiting. Don't know exactly what time it happens though as I'm asleep!
    Do you recall when you started your phone after you bought it. I think around this time 6:00 GMT i have first started and used my Nokia 920...Let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Fakih View Post
    Do you recall when you started your phone after you bought it. I think around this time 6:00 GMT i have first started and used my Nokia 920...Let me know
    It was around 16:00 GMT if I remember correctly!

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_2 View Post
    It was around 16:00 GMT if I remember correctly!

Did u start your phone at 16:00 GMT...the idea is, i think when you start the phone and connect to MS..this time is the time when all ur updates will start

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Fakih View Post
    Did u start your phone at 16:00 GMT...the idea is, i think when you start the phone and connect to MS..this time is the time when all ur updates will start
    Don't think you are correct, as I first activated my 920 around 2pm (ish) and I got a set of updated around 9am today....

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlusted View Post
    Don't think you are correct, as I first activated my 920 around 2pm (ish) and I got a set of updated around 9am today....
    Probably..im just trying to analyze how the Store update works. At least , well for me that i know Store checks for updates once a day.... But the question i would like to know is how does it chooses the time thats all... but thanx for sharing

Yesterday and today it didn't show updates at all. (AppoinTile was updated, but I didn't get a notification)

I think the notifications for updates are still as bad as they ever were. I started my phone in the evening for the first time and get updates in the morning when I get them.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    Yesterday and today it didn't show updates at all. (AppoinTile was updated, but I didn't get a notification)

I think the notifications for updates are still as bad as they ever were. I started my phone in the evening for the first time and get updates in the morning when I get them.
    hmm.. so with that, i still have no idea y store checks once a day and how does it chooses the time..im not sure if we will ever know :P

I have had no notifications on the tile for weeks, i only get updates manually when i read that an app has an update.
    Thanked by:

Same here. 822 on Verizon.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I bought a new Lumia 920, and i started it my time GMT 7:40 Pm GMT and till now i get my updates around 7:45 PM .. i guess store checks for update when u start the phone! My brother phone will be coming soon! ill try to turn it on at a different time and check the store updates if will be like the other two phones i have and c and ill update it