Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Bilal_Fakih's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #1  
    I have noticed that everyday i recieve the store updates at 6:00 GMT my time. Everyday around this time, i check my phone its updated... It means that i guess, the phone updates once a day probably at this time for me.. any one else have a time to update his apps from store?

    I just updated Nokia Trailers and Facebook pro

    wp_ss_20130119_0001%5B1%5D.png
  2. Chregu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,819 Posts
    #2  
    Around 06.30 UTC +1 (CET) :)
  3. Al_2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    213 Posts
    #3  
    I've noticed that too. The updates always come overnight so when I check the phone in the morning any updates are waiting. Don't know exactly what time it happens though as I'm asleep!
  4. Bilal_Fakih's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_2 View Post
    I've noticed that too. The updates always come overnight so when I check the phone in the morning any updates are waiting. Don't know exactly what time it happens though as I'm asleep!
    Do you recall when you started your phone after you bought it. I think around this time 6:00 GMT i have first started and used my Nokia 920...Let me know
  5. Al_2's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    213 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Fakih View Post
    Do you recall when you started your phone after you bought it. I think around this time 6:00 GMT i have first started and used my Nokia 920...Let me know
    It was around 16:00 GMT if I remember correctly!
  6. Bilal_Fakih's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Al_2 View Post
    It was around 16:00 GMT if I remember correctly!

    Did u start your phone at 16:00 GMT...the idea is, i think when you start the phone and connect to MS..this time is the time when all ur updates will start
  7. dlusted's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Fakih View Post
    Did u start your phone at 16:00 GMT...the idea is, i think when you start the phone and connect to MS..this time is the time when all ur updates will start
    Don't think you are correct, as I first activated my 920 around 2pm (ish) and I got a set of updated around 9am today....
  8. Bilal_Fakih's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dlusted View Post
    Don't think you are correct, as I first activated my 920 around 2pm (ish) and I got a set of updated around 9am today....
    Probably..im just trying to analyze how the Store update works. At least , well for me that i know Store checks for updates once a day.... But the question i would like to know is how does it chooses the time thats all... but thanx for sharing
  9. Chregu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    4,819 Posts
    #9  
    Yesterday and today it didn't show updates at all. (AppoinTile was updated, but I didn't get a notification)

    I think the notifications for updates are still as bad as they ever were. I started my phone in the evening for the first time and get updates in the morning when I get them.
  10. Bilal_Fakih's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Chregu View Post
    Yesterday and today it didn't show updates at all. (AppoinTile was updated, but I didn't get a notification)

    I think the notifications for updates are still as bad as they ever were. I started my phone in the evening for the first time and get updates in the morning when I get them.
    hmm.. so with that, i still have no idea y store checks once a day and how does it chooses the time..im not sure if we will ever know :P
  11. nsp24's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    43 Posts
    #11  
    I have had no notifications on the tile for weeks, i only get updates manually when i read that an app has an update.
    Thanked by:
  12. Mandymoo11's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    26 Posts
    #12  
    Same here. 822 on Verizon.
  13. Bilal_Fakih's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    128 Posts
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
       #13  
    I bought a new Lumia 920, and i started it my time GMT 7:40 Pm GMT and till now i get my updates around 7:45 PM .. i guess store checks for update when u start the phone! My brother phone will be coming soon! ill try to turn it on at a different time and check the store updates if will be like the other two phones i have and c and ill update it

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 04:53 PM
  2. Can't use Wifi and bluetooth at the same time
    By eXus#WP in forum Samsung Omnia 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-01-2012, 03:45 AM
  3. WP and iOS app stores down at the same time...coinsidence or not?
    By Michael Weisberg in forum General Microsoft News and Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-21-2012, 03:26 AM
  4. Deleting emails from Radar and Server at the same time
    By Lulu1958 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM
  5. Anyone with 2 WP7's at the same time?
    By rsmiley0 in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-14-2011, 09:01 PM

Posting Permissions

B