- 01-19-2013, 04:37 AM #1
I'd been eyeing the Lumia 920 ever since it was announced. It's suppose to release in Pakistan (where I live) in about a week or two. I hadn't thought of this but I just glanced at the Pakistan based Windows Phone marketplace. You can check it out here.
Notice how it has almost NOTHING there? I mean WTH? Where's Rowi? Where are all the great Twitter apps? Heck there aren't even any categories to choose from. Only 'all'. Almost all popular WP8 apps I search for yield no results. How awesome.
Now I know many of you will hate me for mentioning it but on iOS and Android this does not happen. Sure there are some apps which are regional and not available in the PK region, but 95% of them are. Microsoft mentioned they will expand the marketplace to 180 countries. Bang up job.
Rant aside, am I doing something wrong here? And no, I can't use a US based account because I won't be able to buy apps from my PK based credit card.
- 01-19-2013, 04:51 AM #3Thanked by:
- 01-19-2013, 04:54 AM #6Thanked by:
- 01-19-2013, 04:58 AM #7
01-19-2013, 05:05 AM #8
- 16 Posts
- 01-19-2013, 05:12 AM #9
- 01-19-2013, 06:28 AM #11
C'mon guys no need to be so hostile.
That are are barriers for customers in other regions who want the phone but get a ****ty user experience, its a valid complaint, and it is Microsoft fault. Hopefully it is worked on. If it is true, WP8 should not have launched in Pakistan..
I can not speak to if you can change region though, I have a [lowley] 710.Thanked by:
- 01-19-2013, 06:42 AM #13
- 01-19-2013, 06:44 AM #14
- 01-19-2013, 07:24 AM #16
- Is your phone set to USA region?
- Is your live account set to USA region?
- What determines marketplace region; the region set on the phone or the region set on your Live account?
- If my live(outlook) account is set to Pakistan, but I set the phone to USA, will the phone display the USA market? And will then I be able to use a Pakistan based credit card?
- 01-19-2013, 07:31 AM #18
- 01-19-2013, 07:40 AM #19
01-19-2013, 08:49 AM #21
- 30 Posts
there are 2 small problems. if i buy from 2 different stores and do a reset + backup, it can't install the apps automatically. they all stay in download queue with an error. i have to start them manually and it will install those for the current region, after that you have to change it and it will install the rest of them.
second, on windowsphone.com you can only see your purchase history and push apps to phone from one country.
- 01-19-2013, 09:15 AM #22
Live account is set to UK.
I think it's the phone region that determines what apps I see in market. How? Because my "Nokia apps" change with my region. Same live ID.
My live account is UK. My phone is set to USA. I see USA only Nokia exclusives and use them too. I am using Dubai based credit card for purchases.
It cannot be simpler than this.
- By EggoEspada in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 5Last Post: 09-20-2012, 05:28 PM
- By nismo_tuner125 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 14Last Post: 07-09-2012, 05:45 PM
- By G_The_One in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 17Last Post: 02-28-2012, 06:31 PM
- By Happynoodleboy28 in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 10Last Post: 09-26-2011, 07:36 PM
- By ericreinhardt in forum HTC TrophyReplies: 8Last Post: 05-31-2011, 03:04 PM